Splitting the dose?

Posted , 2 users are following.

just been to see doctor and she has upped my dose to 10mg but has suggested trying 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night to help with my morning anxiety. She's said to try it for a few days to see if it helps. Has anyone else done this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hello susan how are you getting on, you could certainly try 5mg in morning and 5mg at night (as many people do split their dose), or instead 10mg in the morning, or at night. it would be a guess really to say which would work best for you, but by all means you could try whichever method you like and if you dont get on with it, try a different method. don't be too disheartened if you get morning anxiety regardless of if you split the dose, or the time you take the medication, as this is certainly a common side effect, which should ease as time goes on. best of luck

• Posted

Hi Sparrow, it was my 5th day today of 10mg, the first two days I split the dose but then I just took 10mg in the morning after breakfast like I usually do! Even though it's early days of the increase I woke this morning a little later than I have been and had a little bit of the shaky feeling so am hopeful! I go on holiday in four weeks and hoping it's a lot better by then! Thanks for asking, ??

• Posted

Hi again Sparrow, it's 7am and after waking relatively ok yesterday morning this morning isn't as good, woke about 5am again shaky and had to get up at 7 to take my tablet! After yesterday morning I was hopeful it was getting less, I'm so all over the place!

Sue

• Posted

hi Sue sorry to hear you are having trouble;

it sounds like you are still getting used/adjusting to the med/dose, which i know is annoying to go through.  are you ok continuing with 10mg each morning for longer? hopefully your anxiety/side effects will ease but it can take time unfortunately.  also for a week or two, try to eat one or two bananas a day ok, because they do so much good for the body and mind.  your anxiety side effect should ease soon so try not to dwell on it or let it spoil your day ok (i know it can be difficult)

• Posted

Thank you Sparrow, thank you so much, you've been a great help ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.