Post bunion surgery - staying sane

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, 

I had a double bunionectomy on Friday 1st July, so this is day 5 post-op. Things seem to be going ok, pain going down etc. but I'd love your suggestions please for ways you managed to keep yourself entertained during those long weeks off your feet. For the past few days I've not really done a lot as the pain meds have kept me a bit knocked out, but starting to feel a bit more alive today and want to know how you guys kept/keep the boredom away? 

Any suggestions welcome ?? Cheers! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Look forward to updates too....you're brave having a double op. My pain has eased considerably also since my single on Fri too......I'm hoping for sunshine so I can sit in the garden, have a number of books to read.....

• Posted

Hi,

Glad to hear your feeling better. That's the problem I have, I am not liking this part of the surgery at all. I have a word search, coloring book and color pencils. I also watch some movies and alot of time to think about how long this recovery is. Ha ha

Hope it goes fast for you and listen to the doctor so you can have a smooth recovery.

• Posted

Hi Ozzycee,

I am 8 weeks post double bunionectomy. The first few weeks is hard in terms of mobility, I read lots of books, crosswords, overindulged on Netflix and had friends come over to visit. I also have young children so would do activities with them with my feet elevated. It does get better. Wishing you a healthy recovery! All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.