Complex migraines ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am interested if anyone knows or has experienced this type of migraine? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deb,

Can you explain a bit about the symptoms please?  It maybe that I know it by a different name

• Posted

Hi personal20.. Have severe headaches that now last longer than 2 days, vision impaired, vomiting with hot and cold flushes.. feel dreadful for a few days after the migraine.. Im lost as its not the typical kind of migraine..  so cruel 
    • Posted

did you try sumatriptan injection yet?  This works very quickly to get rid of the headache.  But then you need a medicine to prevent them.  Think about pregabalin, verapamil, sodium valproate, these are all preventative meds,

Good luck and take care,

Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

no,  I have never heard of that injection,  I am on soium valproate tho.  Everything else you have listed Im not familiar with.  Are these available in chemists or script?
    • Posted

all good personal 20.. Im running through google.. THANK YOU soooo much..  I can not express how thankful I am for this info wink

• Posted

the medicines are all prescription only, but the injections do make all the difference.  Ask for Imigran injections, they are like an epipen.  Good luck and keep in touch

Take care

• Posted

THANK YOU so much.  I have searched all as you have said & taken note.  Have made Drs appointment for Tuesday.. so grateful.  Will keep in touch.  

• Posted

I have been told i have complex migraines. I get slow, slurring speech, confusion, memory loss, numb face, sometimes numb on whole side of body, also blurred vision..I get so tired and weak.... I am almost convinced I have MS but MRI/CT shows nothing...it's just so hard to believe migraines could do all this...

Love & Peace

Linda

• Posted

Hi LindaKay.. Im so relieved that I posted up my question about complex migraines.  Now Im more at peace to know that other people (like you) have experienced this horrid disabling migraine & relieved to find that it is a treatable condition.. Have to admit, thought it was something more sinister.. Dear old neighbor was pretty firm about her suspicion that it was a 'complex migraine'.. Never heard of it in my life.. checked out the net but gave up within minutes as it seemed to describe everything in the medical book known to man..  Now, Im concerned with its intensity & if it can cause a stroke?..  Have made appointment with Dr after personal20's msg..  Thanks hun xx

• Posted

Hi, Now I know after reading Lindakay's post exactly what this is.  I suffer hemiplegic migraine, which renders the left side of my body vertually paralysed, slurred speach painful eye, photophobia and it does resemble a stroke, so I am admitted to hospital every time.

Now the problem is so I am told that although it isnt a stroke, it does make us more prone to a stroke in the future :-( I am not looking forward to that,  But lets all try a be positive together and I am sure this will help as well a Botox lol.

Lets stick together guys, we are all in the same boat!

Take care all of you and have a great weekend

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi personal,  Im ever so thankful for you guys & much relieved to know Im not alone with a scary migraine & all of its awful inflictions that goes along with it.. Im in total agreeance to all stick together with this THANK YOU wink  Wishing you a wonderful weekend also, much thanks xx

• Posted

Just checking to see if you've seen Dr. yet?

Hope all is well....

°•?? Linda ??•°

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.