Po laparotomy operation removed left ovary

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just finished my operation few days ago and I was told that it's a borderline tumor so they have to remove the lymph nodes, appendices and a fatty tissue nearby. Currently I am asked to do a

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Physiotherapy because they scare I will have lymphoenma now I am quite unsure do I have to do all the steps forever in my life to prevent it from happening or just for that 6 weeks that she instructed me to wear the compression sock. Please help!

P/S: accidentally press post

• Posted

Jo,

After therapy is just that. Have your biopsies come back yet?

Compression socks are to prevent swelling from fluid retention.

Everything depends on how your body recovers. Length of therapies will be determined on your body's response and effectiveness. Based on what you've said your Dr. is being very cautious and pro-active. Both good.

Know that my thoughts are with you for a dpeedy and complete recovery.

• Posted

Hi BeenthereSr!

Yeah my biopsies are back and the report are fine! My doctor in charge of me actually said that I could choose to wear the compression socks or not since he only removed a few of my lymph nodes for biopsy. But it will still be good if I can continue to wear the socks since it will help blood circulations!

• Posted

Jo,

CONGRATULATIONS on your all clear!!! I'm sure that improved how you feel. Now it's just normal healing process. Walk daily, lots of liquids to wash away the toxins, plenty of rest and things that bring you joy! Friends, movies, books, hobbies. A daily dose of joy is the best medicine ever. ;-)

Wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.