Vestibular Migraine and Botox

Posted , 6 users are following.

My Nuerologist thinks I have vestibular migraines and has suggested Botox injections. My biggest issue is I am also lightheaded. For 6 yrs non stop I always feel a bit drunk. Has anybody had Botox injections and did it help you with dizziness? How long untill you felt better?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a problem with your cervical spine? If yes, I would see a Lyme-literate doctor.
    • Posted

My new chiropractor who is also a certified P/T took an x ray and showed me my C2 is not stight like it should be. He is working on that. I have had a lyme blood test and it's negative.

• Posted

Lyme tests (all) are absolutely worthless. It needs to be a clinical diagnosis. Your cervical symptoms are important, not what the chiropractic says; how does your neck bother you?
    • Posted

My muscles feel tight. We my chiro cracked my neck it feels much more loose and better.
  • Posted

Hi I have also been diagnosed with The same thing and experience the same symptoms as you do also with constant imbalance.

Someone suggested Botox and I also am keen to know more as I am considering this also

• Posted

Hi,

I know not everybody has got on with Botox injections, but for me they have been wonderful!  I have had 3 sessions now and due for another session later in July and I am all for them.  Go for it and see how you get on. 

Have they told you why you are lightheaded or is it due to your type of migraine?

• Posted

Yes, had the MRI done yrs ago. I will do the Botox. Were you dizzy or spaced out and do you feel better once you had the botox?
    • Posted

after they have done the botox, you chill out for a little while after, so they monitor you reaction to it.  But no I didnt feel dizzy or spaced out after at all.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

• Posted

So you were dizzy before the botox and it fixed it? My issue is that I always feel a little drunk or spaced out. I need that to go away.
    • Posted

No, was never dizzy except when they upped my dose of Nortriptilyne but as soon as it was reduced I was ok.  The Botox for me definitley helped
  • Posted

Have you tried food allergy testing? I cut our wheat and all processed foods and its helped tremendously. Have not had a HM in over 2 yrs now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.