Urination / Prostate Problem - Is This Normal??

Posted , 8 users are following.

First off, I don't even know if this IS a problem.

Recently, I've been drinking a lot of fruit juices / sodas / water. 

So a lot of liquids and I have been peeing quite a bit. 

Normally I don't consume as much liquid content but because of this consumption I'm urinating a lot. I noticed that after I urinate, some drops of urine make my underwear a little bit wet. Also, when I urinate, it takes a few seconds (5-7s) to start the stream and then the stream initially is very strong but then goes weak after a period of time as I continue peeing.

I wanted to know if this is a major problem or if I'm just going paranoid. 

I can orgasm fine, with no issues, it doesn't feel that different from before. Also it just feels weird because sometimes my urine is really slow and almost dribbles but other times its a really fast stream. Is it normal? 

Any Help Is Appreciated!

Note : I'm 17 years old. Almost 18, I don't know if it's because I'm getting old. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Any time you're getting prostate symptoms like that, it's a good idea to get checked out by a urologist.  It may be nothing, it may be the beginning of a serious problem, and you no doubt will rest easier if you get an answer to what's happening.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Caffeine type drinks would make you pee more as they are a diuretic.

Did you have unprotected sex prior to this starting?

Getting old!!!

• Posted

Nope. I haven't. And yeah I do drink a lot of caffiene lately. 

• Posted

At your age it would be watchful waiting. A medical professional could advise your liquid intake and check your urine.
  • Posted

*UPDATE* Today I didn't drink as many fluids so I obviously didn't urinate as much. But the above symptoms are still there. I can function normally throughout the day and I never have to urinate at night, maybe just once. But, other than that I'm good.

• Posted

Yellow. What you said does not sound alarm at all. Drink a lot, pee a lot. Drink little pee only couple times a day etc... it sounds normal to me. Strong flow at the beginning and slow down at the end does also sound OK to me. To have a peace of mind, go check with a couple of different doctors & see what they say. The feeling of paranoid does affect what you do & think.Hope thing is fine for you.

• Posted

Hi Yellowflash. Go to the doctor. I had those exact same symptoms for about a year. Suddenly one night I was unable to pee. Not a drop. That got very painful and I had to go to the emergency room. 

It turned out I have an enlarged prostate. Very normal for guy my age (69) but not so common for your age. But other things might be in play. Don't ignore it or think it wil go away on it's own. Visit the doctor.

John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.