Failed Pip assesment

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI,  I have BPD and am on ESA in the support group. Applied for PIP last October had assesment inFebruary but didn't get awarded it, so then made an appeal got rejected again so appealed to the tribunal. I went on Monday and they have refused me the benefit, I was in such a state in there crying and really shaking and stuttering  it was really traumatic but they didn't seem to care what state I was in, I felt like I was being persecuted sitting in front of these three people looking at me and asking me questions. I'm so worried that now I might be asked to go for an ESA interview because I have been refused PIP and they will say I'm fit for work which I'm not, If they do, that will just about finish me as I couldn't go through all that again I would rather just die. I can't take anymore of all this, it's bad enough coping with my BPD without the DWP on my back, I wish I had never applied for PIP in the first place.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi .. dla & Esa are totally different departments so never used to get involved.. but you may be asked in anyway to check that you are ok.. I'm. On income suport & Dla I have interviews every 6 months to see if I'm fit for work.. did you have letters from your doctor meds ect?? & from your phyciatrist? ? I'm so sorry your in such a state I can imagine.. I had a relapse myself in march because of all the changes .just cnt see the light when things change. .I think I cnt survive & need to die ..so I can really understand what your saying.. stop worrying.. they wnt take your Esa. . What meds are u on ?? X

• Posted

HI Sharon I'm on 250mg Depaote 3 times a day and venlafaxine 150mg 1 a day. I need DBT therapy but they just want gve it to me and they keep fobbing me off, medication is not any could for BPD so I just keep on suffering. I was paying for a private therapist but cannot do that anymore, they know I can't afford to do it as I told them but haven't offered me any thing just ignore it.

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

Forgot to mention I sent documents regarding my mental health from where I use to live in London and had a letter from my psychiatrist who I see here but he has only seen me twice and said "I manage my illness quite well" which is stupid as I have only seen him twice, and he has never seen me in the state I get in to. My therapist also wrote a letter stating how bad I  was and life was very hard for me to cope. with.

• Posted

It's not on is it .. I always say give then a couple of weeks in our shoes ..they wouldn't last a week .. on a normal day never mind a bad day.. it doesn't make sence..I was on dla for years on middle rate (done thr advocacy by the mental hosp) when I had to apply again I was knocked back so went to appeal courts .. they saw the state of me & new my dr personally so pt me on low rate indefinate. I had an appointment in the job centre even tho I had a son who was 2 at the time wanted me on ESa. Even though I'm on all kinds of meds too.. he suggested I saw advocacy again bt you have to be referred through your doctor.. I did so and when I got a reply I had been put back up to middle rate. I heard about this pip & like you I got in an awful state had a relapse.. I got intouch with advocacy again & was told not to worry ..my health visitor also saI'd she knows of clients who are alot healthier than me who get pip so stop worrying . About 2 months ago I got a letter off dla saying I still have 2 years with them then dla has ended I will then have to go to pip. Iv suffered really bad all thr my 20s 30s it took till me being pregnant to being diagnosed with bpd. I'm not well at all tho I believe to much damage has bee done.. I rarely have a easy day.. I have worked on n off all my life. In the same place bt got sacked last year for bullying ..that knocked me so low I'm not a bully I say it how it is I cnt help him.. my moods change n I cnt be bothered with people. I shout at times instead of talking which is all taken wrong. That place was my safe haven.. its horrible when your scared of the outside world because of the way you are.. go & see your doc get an app with advocacy I wish u lots off luck x

• Posted

Hi, Sharon,

I think it's because I live in Essex now, if I was back in London I would have been awarded it. This part of Essex is really bad for getting any help with mental health and have been trying to move back to London since March. The Advocacy here say they cannot get involved with tribunals, it just seems crap here!! I have been told by the therapist I use to see I am very ill but no one else can see it. I'm 60 and  been suffering for 40 years, it's just too much to bare.

Thks for all your support.XX

• Posted

Get someone to come with you, a family member or a nurse that knows all about your situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.