Weird ovarian cyst- cancer?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

A few days ago gynecologist said, I have ovarian cyst. She said it propably isn't anything really bad, but she is sending me to the hospital, so I don't think it is "nothing".

The cyst has something solid inside. Tomorrow I will do ROMA test and I am really scared sad yesterday I checked only ca-125 and it is 8,5 (0-41,5)

My father's sister had uterus cancer sad

Can You, please, look at this scan of ultrasonography photo and suggest something? These little, white spots inside cyst aren't part of picture- this big one thing is.

I know it is hard to tell, but please, anything...

Should I be worried? 

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not sure what a ROMA test is. They can't tell anything certain from a scan about whether or not it is malignant. CA 125 should usually be under 35 but that's not conclusive either. They have to send you hospital to have it checked out regardless. It's hard but try not to worry hopefully the hospital can give you more answers x

• Posted

ROMA-The Risk of Ovarian Malignancy Algorithm- it is ca-125 + he4 + checking possibility of cancer...

11 days, I'm literally dying... 

• Posted

I know it's stressful. My cyst was large and suspicious but turned out to be nothing. Good luck with your test and try not to google xx

• Posted

Google is the worst!

My cyst is 5,3cm... 

Thank You smile

• Posted

Oh, and sorry for my english- I'm from Eastern Europe, dealing with some mental problems and really can't focus.

• Posted

Can you tell me about yours? Mine has grown incredibly fast to 17cm. The MRI picked up septations and nodules and my OBGYN is incredibly concerned about the nodules. She sent me for a ca-125 test. Now im just waiting. I wish they would schedule surgery and just take it all out. 
  • Posted

I have cysts and fibroids. They have been keeping an eye on them for a couple of years now. My last Ca 125 was 27, up a little from the last time, but I am not particularly bothered. One of the Gynae team told me. yes, they do start to sit up and take notice if it reaches 35. But even then there can be false negatives from things such as Endometriosis (which I have had) and they don't start to be concerned until it is higher than 35.

My Grandmother had breast cancer. Am I worried - no. She also had throat and lung cancer after smoking like a chimney all her life. Because a close relative has a cancer, it doesn't mean you will get it.

I was 'red-flagged' by my doctor so that I saw someone quickly. That was a bit alarming but now I'm not so bothered. Please don't panic.

• Posted

Thank You!

I really hate google- it always says only bad things.

I live in constant fear, because of thanatophobia and this is killing me.

I'm glad to "hear" some not bad news.

• Posted

My first reading was 32 and my gyn said not worried even if it got to a 100 as so many other things can raise it ,my 2nd reading was 17 and then I had an mri which showed deep endometriosis so mine could have been a lot higher I think xx
    • Posted

I also have a fear of dying my thoughts are very irrational it's so upsetting every twinge every pain I think I'm dying xx

• Posted

Same here... I just don't wanna die. Like never sad

I also have bipolar and/or schizotypal- doc is not sure.

I can deal with delusions, or moods, but fears are the worst. 

• Posted

Marpow,

Each of us is different and unique.  Your Dr. is using the tests to determine a treatment plan for you.  It's always unsettling to not know what is going on and I could tell you not to panic but it is hard.

I will tell you I had a physical exam, x-rays, ultra sounds, CA 125 (off the charts), CTs, etc.  My doctor told me to move up the date for my daughters wedding and get my "affairs" in order.  Very dreaded words coming from a Dr.  However, I saw the surgeon the following week and with 98% certainty he told me I did NOT have cancer.  He explained, in detail, why each test assured him YAY! and I began to relax.  I was still nervous since I still needed surgery but I was feeling more calm.  A much better place to be in with pending surgery. 

Turned out I had huge cysts from endometriosis, without having prior symptoms, and issues with my colon and an artery with one of my kidneys.  TG I was good about getting my yearly checkups. 

Anyway, I've after initial recovery I have had no issues.  An initial scare and panic turned out to be a false alarm.  Never went back to that Dr.  My Surgeon was phenomenal!  Turns out I had had small indicators for over 10 years that my original Dr. never noticed (he should have) and only when I had cysts the size of kiddie size soccer balls did he react. 

Ultrasounds are very difficult to interpret to an untrained eye.  They always look ominous.  But there are many, many cysts with many different causes that are annoying and sometimes painful that are still not life threatening.

Your Dr. is doing tests to guide him to the treatment plan for your specific issues.  He is approaching it thoroughly so he has as much information as possible without just opening you up.  Sounds like a very good Doctor.  Deal with each piece of information they give you as part of the whole picture.  The cyst can be one of several different types, some have solid masses inside but are still not cancerous.  I know the information is not coming fast enough to ease your mind but once you are through this you will realize the panic you are feeling right now was normal but not helpful.  You can only deal with the facts as they are learned, the same as what your Dr. is doing. 

Stay strong!  Your Dr. is your health partner and is working hard for the best possible outcome for you so try to be calm.  Do things that give you pleasure and keep your spirits up.  All this is what you can do to help yourself.  Worrying does not help so feed your spirit and stay positive. :-)

• Posted

Thank You. It is really helpful wink 

I'm taking benzodiazepines to calm down a little.

It's pretty hard to relax, but i will try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.