Any ideas

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have suffered 2 yrs with p.f.in both feet. i got to where i was unable to stand without severe burning, sharp pain all day. I crawled from my car into house after work most nights. I went to poditrist and iver 6 months i did physical therapy, had 4 rounds of steroid injections in both feet and ended up having surgury on both feet in december 2015 23 days apart. The surgury removes the intense chronic burning, but i have been left with deep pain in my arches,stabbing pains and labor type contractons in arches. It has been 7 months since surgury and i have been back to physical therapy, had ultrasound treatments, ice, heat, insoles, etc. And i have still been unable to go back to work. I have chronic pain in feet and can only be on them no more than 2.5 hours in a day and if i use all that time at once i may not walk to 2 days. My doctor doesn't know why or what else to do. I have had MRI but don't have the results yet. All things seem to help a little, but never for long. I would do the surgury again because not feeling like there are hot coals on my feet 24 hours a day is better, but what is left is still not a life. Does anyone have similar situation? And what was the possible problem and solution?

Thank you for anything.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I am wondering what you surgically repaired? Did they do a planter fascia release or just some kind of shock therapy? There is discussion out there that you may have a tarsal nerve entrapment. I chose to go a different route and have a Gastronemus slide . The idea is to relieve the tension of your Achilles which in turn relieves your planter fascia. I am only two weeks post op. The bottom of my foot does seem better but my calf hurts ha ha ...... The bottom of my operating side is better than my nonoperating side so that has me optimistic.
    • Posted

I had the plantars release surgury. The inscision went across most of the foot at beginning of heel pad. The tendon was cut and scar tissue filled gap.

Thanks for your info i will research your situation. Sucks abiut calf.

• Posted

Pretty much the same here... No surgery tho i asked for it at my last appointment with doc who is sending me for full mri scan instead as he thinks its more of a nuropathy thing. Its sh*t 3hrs at the most spread throughout the day |-O
    • Posted

My MRI came back with nothing that should be making my feet hurt. Now I will be sent to orthopedic doc. He asked about RH arthritis, but i have not shown arthritis in any blood work over the last year either. It is frustrating and beginning to make me feel like I am crazy.
    • Posted

I await nerve conductivity tests, not sure why, feel like cutting feet off! hard work and few can understand it or sympathise
  • Posted

I have the same symptoms for several years . Last 2 years was the worst and disabling. I did all the treatments except for surgery B'cos Iam very scared after reading all the online discussion. So now I went on lyrica for burning . It helps a bit at night but not much during the day. But the pain is still constant all the time. Really baffled whether the diagnosis is correct etc. My mri looks normal. Iam seeing a spinal surgeon next week to get 2nd opinion and to check my lower back. I really sorry to hear that afte surgery you feel the same. Consult an orthopedics for 2nd opinion.

• Posted

I have been on lyrica 2 times a day for about 1.5 yrs. It helps. I can tell when I have forgotten it.
    • Posted

Hi,

Before you go down the surgery path, I would really encourage you to find a podiatrist in your area who offers EPAT (Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology) sometimes referred to as ESWT or shockwave therapy.  It's non-invasive and is amazing at helping those, like you, who suffer from pain.

This is such a great way to eliminate pain--no anesthesia needed, no prescriptions, no shots, no surgery.

Best of luck!

• Posted

Have you tried this procedure yourself. I got a mixed reviews on this. Let me talk to my physician and ask his opinion. How many times one have to do this procedure. Will I see the results immediately. Do u know the average cost. My medical expense is getting very high with no cure or relief this problems. Please let me know. Any suggestions might be helpful.
    • Posted

I have started to begin having the symptoms. R heel. Difficult to move. Ice helped to a point but never got the pain to stop as on youtube videos. The steriod injections sound painful. 
    • Posted

Hey Malie,  I have had EPAT.  On my shoulder and on a trigger point in the middle of my back.  Amazing!  I am fortunate to have not suffered from PF but my beloved has and he wrestled with pain for years before finally trying it.  Kicks himself for not doing it sooner.

Average cost ranges from about $450-$750 total for a series of 3-5 treatments--you need a minimum of 3. I know that this is another chunk of change but EPAT is absolutely incredible for helping with acute and chronic muscoloskeletal pain--especially heel pain.

The clinical evidence backs its success.  If your doctor hasn't heard of it, reach out to a podiatrist who has or, even better, offers it. I highly recommend just going and learning more.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi malie,

Just checking back in to see if you were able to ask your physician or another recommended podiatrist about EPAT/shockwave.

Would love to know what you learned.

• Posted

Hi malie,

Hoping you're feeling better! I am curious...did you have inquire about EPAT or go down that path?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.