Hypersensitivity, Shortness of Breath, Fever, Chills, Loss of Sensation...

Posted , 4 users are following.

History - 2012, Wasp sting sensation inner thigh while walking, bent to slap leg and afterwards a non-tingling static continuous sensation began from inside of both feet upwards only on inner legs to groin area. Next few days vision would almost do a micro vibration and shift focus millimeters from original focus point. This still happens often, especially when straining to focus on something small. Three days after off balance as well... sensation dulled but would go up in down in level. Went to hospital, stroke screening and MRI taken. Put under neurologist monitoring for a year. Sensation only lasted about 6 days total. 1 year later stroke screened again, no issues and MR I completed. What I remember is something about microangiopathic changes and multiple white matter scattering.... but no MS symptoms and non specific conclusion.

2015 October - Fell ill. Began with hypersensitive skin lower back area that would spread to most of not all.of back in 24 hrs to 48 hours. Spine and pelvis would have a dull wavy like ache, lower back and pelvis area constant ache after 12 hours.. Pelvis aches inside more than out. Muscle Spasms begin from.chest down mostly, some upper body but only 25% of the time. Bottom of back to bottom.of pelvis feels like all nerves are wrapped tightly together and pulled very very tight... and individual nerves fire at different times. Not excruciating pain... but just manageable. Fever by this time over 102 can be 104. Headache always. Very tired. Some flares I have hot and cold spells lasting sometimes 8 hours, not every time though. Every time shortness of breath starts. No pain breathing only fast and shallow. Sometimes talking can be hard. If I lay on right side breathing is worse. Laying down flat always starts fast breathing but can regulate after 10 seconds usually. Dry cough until after fever and when aches are almost gone... then only then cough begins bringing up a thick mucous and this lasts 2-5 days until.phlegmn is cleared, sometimes greenish colour but mostly clear.

The above symptoms first came together In October 2015 and then happened 2 times 8 weeks apart, then 1 times 7weeks apart then 2 x 6 weeks apart.. now it's been 3x 4 weeks apart.

I've had it last 4 days... other time 7 days from start of pelvic ache to back to normal.

I've been prescribed amoxi-clav once before now. Also.sabutamol and the steroid puffer which doc said should prevent it coming again... it didn't. Last time vertigo began towards the end of the sickness.

This past week which is 4 weeks since last time.. it started like.every other time... but at my worst I went to doc so maybe he could really understand as most other times I went when 80 percent well. Sent me to emerge. Xray clear as all.other times before. Inflammation tests high.. PCR (?) @ 93% white blood count high. Blood bag test fine. Electrolytes fine. Protien in urine showed UTI. ( I've never had one and no symptoms present.)

Sent home with muscle relaxant shot, Amoxi clav for UTI and Tramodol-acte which I will say unlike reg tylenol really took the pain away. Nausea and mild vertigo began at 224mm, then After 16 hours since first dose stopped taking Tramodol to see if constant pelvic and nerve pain went away... yes, other than odd bit. Nausea and floating feeling continued until after nap, when upon waking...had 80% loss of skin sensation on left leg. Sharp objects felt dull, difference between left and right was like putting a blanket between yous fingers and your leg when scratching your leg and then right side felt normal. It also. came. in waves,.like a heavy weakness ... in front of my ear down my face was similar and far back side of arm and leg only... I could pinch so.hard together with my nails and it never hurt at all.

Went to emerge. Doc.wanted ambulance to.CT scan in neighbouring town but they were down. Told us he though maybe vasculitis as this was a maybe on mri findings from 4 years ago.

When nurse did stroke screen I was still having waves .. but when.doctor came the sensation began to. come back... to about 85% normal. Strength was 4 out of 5 for him. As for thinking process I couldn't remember the month and earlier In the day memories were very hard to recall.

He phones neurologist for consult and gave strike screen findings and vague history and symptoms from Past months. Once neurologist heart about UTI he said he was not concerned and inflammation in blood was due to.this. again.... I have no.symptoms.of uti.

He said CT was not of immediate concern and MRI should be booked within next 6 months.

So after being told ambulance was coming to take me to.CT and possibility of vasculitis. .. I was sent home.. all from a neurologist who doesn't know my past history with reoccuring issues this past year or years ago. I feel a fool but can't deny these issues. I'm looking for help. Coughing to.bring up.mucous had started and sometimes brings a lower head/neck (one point on left one point on right) pounding headache that is excruciating and makes me almost scream.out while I hold my head. The pain ellevistek within 2 minutes but leaves a moderate headache originating and spreading out from that same place where spine connects to head. As for.sensation on left leg... it's been 30 hours and I still.notice a difference as.something that gives me pain on my right leg. .. doesn't on my left far.outside part of my left leg unless I. Really push... but I can now.feel.when I touch it... just not in detail.like my right leg.

I know this is long... but thanks.for taking your time to read it.

Regards.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ask neurologist test for devics disease highly unlikely but you never know a blood test can rule it out
  • Posted

Hi there. You have probably looked at this - judging by the high amount of tests you have already undergone.

I am in no way a doctor or have any ties with any medical instittute, but a couple of the symptoms you describe here are very similar to the ones I have come across reading,being associated with a b12 deficiency.

There are shots/supplements that some take and find very useful. I cannot paste links that specifically address these issues - you will have to do your own research.. 

But look into it, there is a wealth of information out there, and success stories..

If I understand correctly, there are different kinds of B12 - if you have tried it, it might be that you tried the wrong one..

Anyway, I really hope this helps..

• Posted

Hi Ryan. Thanks for your comment. Yes I have cone across the same info. I do take 5000mcg Methylcobalamin B12 but only off and on...I will definitely look into other kinds. Appreciate your time.
    • Posted

hi sam, have you looked at lymes disease ? if not look at lymes disease action website also the lymes disease forum alot of your symptoms are very similar and the cycle of flares fits. also get your doctor to send you to see another neurologist if your not getting the help you need. good luck like me thats too long to have no diagnosis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.