Venlafaxine sweating

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone else got any problems sweating on venlafaxine? I'm on 300 mg per day and i'm noticing sweat dripping off me in these temperatures.

?Has anyone found anything that eleviates the symptoms?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Omg I was gona write something myself before.. I'm gona end up with a pea head at this rate..the sweat is pouring off my head/face it is a side effect worse luck ?? iv found it happen when it's not even hot my head seems to over heat.. Iv read up on it & the only thing to do is keep drinking water.. more u drink the more it pours.. cnt cope ..had enough of bloody meds.. ??

• Posted

Hi Sharon.

I feel for you ♥

It is a hard sweaty path we are traveling. How you doing apart from overheating! X

• Posted

Hi Lorraine oh my goodness what a shameful side effect ??dnt think I can put up with it ..my head is soaked most nights .cold feet with a boiling hot head cnt win. I'm also on lithium that doesn't tolerate heat. Just my luck hey..

I'm not to bad thanks I took some pro plus with glucose & it acually worked wonders. Has took the chronic tiredness away.. only took it twice .. so my moods have been lifted some what .. sleep still no good 5am again this morn.. 2nights without zopiclone when I normally go every other night. It's a sleep not worth having with the racing thoughts. . I did something positive yday.. I actually wrote my letter to the pdr asking to be referred.. I just hope it's some1 English this time & not old school.. no compassion at all. I know I got in such a state because of the mistreatment of the pdr ..

how are u Lorraine I hope we'll xx

• Posted

Aww Sharon ?

It's so difficult as venue makes me feel better but the sweating and fatigue is awful. Interesting you mentioned pro plus, I will give it a go! I was on mirtazipine and venlafaxine. I'm now 12 days off mirt and getting morning diarrhoea and retching, then the rest of the time sweating like I'm in the dessert lol!

Insomnia is dreadful and doc won't give me any more zopicone. So I am left with 5 diazepam which I'm saving for emergencies lol. I hope the person you get referred to, treats you with compassion and takes the time to really listen to what you are saying. Sharon, you will get to the end of this illness, so remember to keep telling yourself that. Please stay in touch, I would love to know how you get on.

???

• Posted

Oh my Lorraine how can your doc prescribe u zop & then nt give u any propa sleeping aid..maybe shouldnt of pt u on it in the 1st place... bloody docs hey..

Ahhhhhh I'm sorry to hear what your goin thr ..such a bad drug that mirt .

Get the pro plus with glucose the other uses to make me sleep ?????? tc lovly xxx

• Posted

Hi James

100% like you! Sweating like there is no tomorrow! It feels so much worse with this hot weather eg makes you feel unwell/sickly. I am certain ven is well known for giving you the sweats and feeling overheated.

How are you doing apart from the rotten sweats? X

• Posted

Same problem here. I get terrible sweats what ever the weather if I do any physical activity at all. It is very problematic, especially at work where is is emarassing. I have tried Propantheline which does a good job at stopping the exessive sweating but at the cost of constipation which can be chronic for me. It also gives a dry mouth. You might want to try to see if you get different mileage to me?

BW, BM.

• Posted

Hi bogmonster.

I feel for you, it's dreadful isn't it. Does this mean ven is raising our blood pressure I'm wondering or just boiling our blood lol. This weather makes it doubly hard! How are you doing in yourself? Do you feel any better?

• Posted

Hi Lorranie,

On the whole I am much better. I was in a real state before medication. I have a lot of side effects on my meds. They include anti-psychotics and epilepsy medication. Overall I am happy with Venlafaxine because I was in such a state before it. Would I want to be off it, for sure, but I was suicidal before so it is a no-brainer for me. My medication makes me a hopeless lover and that is the biggest problem, my wife is very understanding but that is little comfort. The sweats just add salt to the wounds.

BW, BM.

• Posted

Hi bogmaster

I'm with you as ven has worked wonders for me too! I'm sorry it's impacting on your intimate relationship with your wife, that's the negative side so I've heard. I am an old girl of 56 so I can only go on what I've heard lol!

I am pleased you are doing better healthwise and hope this continues for you. Once us sufferer's surfaced from those dark weeks and months, it kind of knocks your confidence doesn't it.

Given your epilepsy on top of everything else, shows your courage and strength of mind to cope with the hand you have been dealt.

I sincerely wish you continued improvement in your health. Hope to get an update on how your doing ?

Signing off from one sweaty person to another sweaty person lol xx

• Posted

Hi - whoever suggested the Glocose thanks!!!! I've actually started drinking dioralyte. This is helping too as its replacing what I sweat out!

• Posted

Hi. I'm just like you sweating really bad. I'm heading is worst for it. It's like I'm hot all the time. I'm going to see the doctor if there's anything I can take to help stop it.

• Posted

Let me no if there is please .. I'm ashamed to leave the house incase I bump into any1 I know ??

• Posted

As per my post further up the thread, you can try Propantheline. It is effective at stopping the sweats at the price of constipation and dry mouth.

BM

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.