Eyes can't focus, slight headache.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My 21st was this past Saturday and my friends and I drank basically all day. I can't remember much from the end of the night. Today is the Wednesday after and I still don't feel back to normal. I didn't drink before Saturday so it didn't take a lot to get drunk. Now, my eyes still can't focus and I have a slight headache. Is my head still adjusting or should I be concerned? Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it's just a problem with your pupil still not reacting as fast as it might, but I also found this:

"... research does indicate heavy binge drinking is capable of damaging optical nerves ... . Scientifically this condition is known as toxic amblyopia. Many people with this condition live each day of their lives with permanently blurred vision."

• Posted

Are all colours equally affected? Not being able to see things that are red so well, may, for example, indicate whether the problem is indeed with the optic nerve.
    • Posted

Thank you for the insight but no, I see all colors fine.
  • Posted

That must be why they say that a drunk person is Pie Eyed:-)
  • Posted

I doubt one time would caus permanent damage. Just go get it checked by an eye doctor. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.