Ginger works for me.

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have been drinking a smoothie every day not only for pmr but also for my bones. I add everything I can think of plus ginger, and my reduction has been going very well. I am now down to 2mg of pred in a year. The last 2 days I was out of ginger and felt tired and achey. This morning I raced to the store and got some more. I'll never run out again, the powdered stuff doesn't work for me.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have a cup of ginger tea (grated fresh ginger root) every evening.  If I forget, I do notice!
  • Posted

And  turmeric is great for inflammation. I do a shot (drink) everyday with ginger turmeric lemon sea salt and honey. Blend it. Oh and black pepper. Suppose to be great for inflammation. Oh and coconut water brain fog here. If anyone wants the recipe I will send it 
    • Posted

Do you use raw turmeric root, or the powdered spice?
    • Posted

1 c coconut water

2" raw tumerac peeled

1" ginger peeled

T honey  optional since it does have sugar

dash of black pepper or keyenne I did read that tumerac and black pepper work better togeher. The recipe sayd keyenne I switched to black.

1/2 lemon squeezed

blend

keep in fridge

take a shot a day

shake well

seeled container

can't hurt

• Posted

Yes, I've read that the piperine in black pepper makes the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric many times more bioavailable. smile

• Posted

anhaga, you are the best for info. thanks so much.
    • Posted

Turmeric made into a paste with olive oil and black pepper. There's no ginger in it. 

So no, it won't be the same.

• Posted

If you put a link into it then it will be automatically captured for moderation - for your own protection and to save us having to read adverts for all sorts of stuff!
    • Posted

I just quoted a recipe from an Indian site. The point was, there's no ginger in it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.