Week 9

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think that at week 7 i was feeling better, but then boom week 8 and this past few days have been hell. Ive had massive neck pain, thus causing me to have tension headaches. My doc just gave me 800mg ibuprofin and muscle relaxers, not sure if this is making my anxiety worse because i feel paranoid, and just so miserable, dissy, have no energy to do anything. I hope this passes soon and i can see the light again.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I did the same thing. It ebbs and flows. Fortunately each week gets better. I had a really horrible day on week 10 after feeling really good week nine. Week eleven has been fabulous. Feeling like me again. Hang in there.
  • Posted

Sometimes antidepressants mess with our bloodwork. Could cause electrolytes to go haywire. Did your Dr not do bloodwork to seee if magnesium or potassium or sodium out? Im in US. That would be first thought if every thing fone then muscle problem. Also are you dehydrated? It can cause that to. Urine test for that or you can do it yourself . First thing in morning pee in clear glass. What color is it? The lighter the better. Darker not so good. Means dehydrated. Drink more water an coconut water (tastes bad but...)is very hydrating. Also check for sideefects an complications or contraindications of your med. Im not talking about your mood Im talking about your physical state an the neck issue. Moist heat (wet towel, wring out put in microwave until pretty warm not scalding!) On neck an be careful with NSAIDS like Ibuprofen, aleve, aspirin Mobic, anti-inflammatories. Combined with anti-depressant can cause bleeding issues an easy bruising. It causes thinning of blood. Did Dr mention that??!! Tylenol better or Lidocaine patch. Stretching to. Look on youtube for neck pain stretches. Look up your med an investigate about what your putting in your body. I couldn't take Fluoxetin. Not for me. Goodluck.

• Posted

I went to see gp and she told me it was stress..tension..gave me ibuprofin...muscle relaxers...which I'm not sure if they are working or not...I'm also debating this could be just anxiety..as it comes and goes....I have tried...accupunture...massages...hot patches.....besides that I feel fine...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.