Fab holiday abroad 17 weeks post op LTHR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone not been on here for a while which is always a good sign. Just wanted to share with you I have just returned from 8 nights in Spain and had a fantastic time.

I was able to walk about free from the nagging arthritis pain I actually got a blister on my foot i walked that much.

I totally forgot I'd even had my operation. I'm so grateful I've been given this opportunity of a new hip and despite my dark early days sleepless nights etc it has been pretty much a great recovery.

I returned to work at 7 weeks and did experience some pain in the early days but that has gone now.

I get occasional reminders of my operation and still struggle to fasten my shoes on my operated leg but life couldn't be better.

Wishing you all a great recovery and remember it will be worth every sleepless night pain and swelling in the end.

Thank you to everyone who helped me through my early weeks this is a fantastic forum so glad I found it.

Sue x

11 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Excellent Sue,

It does feel great doesn't it, after all the first weeks,we came out the other end,new people.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

I still struggle with getting socks on and only just this week, managed to walk upstairs properly without holding the handrail, though not every time lol but I know things are getting better. I'm about 23 weeks now.

Take care xx

• Posted

Thats wonderful Lynn. You will get there we all recover at different time scales. The main thing is the overall benefits. Your recovery will soon be a distant memory.

Take care

Sue x

• Posted

I don't often think of it now, where once I didn't like this bit of metal and ceramic stuck in my body, it's part of me now,only certain times I think about it.

We have all done well.

• Posted

You are a wonderful inspiration, thank you for dropped it with a good update, so glad you enjoy your holiday!!  All the best!
    • Posted

Thanks Annette you will soon be writing positive posts onwards and upwards.

Take care

Sue x

• Posted

Thank you. Good to know there is light at the end of the travels x
  • Posted

What a great post, Sue.  Thanks for writing it.  I'm almost 5 weeks post-op and have wondered what life will be like in the future.  So it's very encouraging to read posts like yours.  Even now I am so thrilled to not have that horrible arthritic pain.  I can tell (I think) that my surgery is successful.  Nothing really hurts....I feel like I just need to keep getting stronger.      So glad you had such a good time in Spain -- it's on my bucket list!  Thanks again,  Leslie

• Posted

Thanks Leslie. This forum got me through my darker days where I was really down. It's always nice to read positive posts as we tend to not post when we have recovered.

You will soon be feeling stronger each day you will see an improvement. I still get the odd reminder of my operation when I try to do somethings fastening my shoes is hard lol but it's a small price to pay.The other benefits are immense .

Best wishes on your recovery.

Sue x

• Posted

Hi.  What a great way to start my day.  Glad to hear you had a wonderful pain free time....maybe in a few more weeks (I am 14 weeks now) I will be feeling much better and in time for my little golf trip.

Thanks for giving me "the light at the end of the tunnel"

• Posted

Thanks golf lady I'm sure you will be fit to enjoy your golf soon. I use to swim but only breaststroke so I can't return to this for 1 year so I walk instead. I couldn't walk pre operation due to arthritis pain. I feel alive again and you will too.

Take care

Sue x

• Posted

What a super post - great news about your recovery and holiday and a wonderful remind to us all about how the journey can end.

I'm headed into my next THR in Sept with hopes of an extended holiday next year and it is great to hear how well you 'weathered' the holiday and that your hip performed 'as advertised'.

Thank you for this post - it made my day.

L

• Posted

Thanks Linda best wishes on your recovery. You will soon be enjoying a holiday pain free.

Take care

Sue x

• Posted

Great post. Thanks so much. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    • Posted

hi sue, 

wonderful news and thank you for sharing - there are times we wonder if we ever will be etc.... so your post is very encouraging -

and already back a work ... amazing -

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Thanks Renee I posted because I remember the early days and how down I felt. It is worth it it will pass and the benefits are immense and life changing.

Wishing you all the best in your recovery

Sue x

• Posted

There is Kris. The 1st few weeks are the worst but the results are worth it.

Best wishes on your recovery

Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.