fish oil

Posted , 8 users are following.

are you taking fish oil with dha capsules. Are you taking tumerac capsules. I do fresh tuerac everyday so do I need the capsules also? Thanks for your input. So confused on certain things. And what kind of chocolate are you eating 100% dark? That is when you need a bit.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I buy bulk turmeric in the Indian grocery. It's much cheaper. I like any chocolate, but don't eat it often.

• Posted

All these things 'help' karen, but don't get too hung up on it - it's not going to 'cure' you.  Watch what you eat, follow the AIP, or at least paleo if you want to do the very best you can.

You don't 'NEED' anything except a healthy diet, and pred. Pred is your friend.

• Posted

As Flip says - if you are eating a good diet you don't NEED anything other than the calcium and vit D supplements you should have been given. No-one has shown that any particular diet will do more than help a bit - and that is more likely to be because by doing so people improve their diet, leaving out the sugary junk that is bad for all of us. Adding oily fish, maybe turmeric (with black pepper) in cooking and perhaps other naturally anti-inflammatory foods has helped some people. Plain chocolate is lower in sugar and I find it is self-limiting in how much you eat (especially 85% cocoa solids!) and it said to have anti-inflammatory properties. Does it really? Who knows!

But really - don't get hung up on any sense you "must" eat/do/avoid this, that or the other. If you find a change helps YOU, keep doing it. Between us we've tried most things, no alcohol, no gluten, no dairy, no meat, going veggy, the lot. No-one I know has found an answer besides pred - despite there having been some very extreme and commited attempts which made me feel exhausted just reading and which must have cost a fortune to follow. Reality has to play a big part in managing PMR and normal life. 

• Posted

well said, thank you. I am really driving myself crazy with what and not to eat.  I have even gone all organic. Which is so expensive. Just trying not to casue any more auto-immunes. The reason i am so crazed is that i lost my sister, my best freind to many different auto-immunes in October. I watched her suffer for 3 years. She did not have pmr, so I felt better having something she did not have. So i am trying extra hard to be so proactive and not get any more. I also have graves which is no big deal. When i was told I had an auto-immune I was freaked out, the last words i wanted to hear.  So that is why i ask so many questions.  Thanks for all your support on getting me thru this.
    • Posted

No-one knows what leads to autoimmune diseases - even people who eat organic food all their lives get them and other even nastier illnesses like cancer. PMR has been identified and named (as senile rheumatic gout!) since the late 1800s and there wasn't much other than organic then! Graves disease is also autoimmune - once you have one you are more likely to develop another than your neighbour without one.

Don't believe all you read in the internet - most of the claims have an agenda to sell something and make someone else money. Relax and stop stressing - which will just make the PMR worse in fact. It feeds on stress!

• Posted

Well, most days with a foggy head I feel senile, I`ve been called an old "gout" and with PMR I`m definitely rheumatic!!......so maybe they got it right all those years ago!wink

• Posted

Karen - if you are going to get an autoimmune disorder this is the least deadly one - it won't kill you and you will either go into remission within a period of 2/3 years or even if not pred will 'contain' it at a very low dose for the rest of your life.  Most folks do get nearly 100% mobility once you get down to low dosages or even after a few months or so of starting pred.  We are here to support you and hopefully pass on our experiences of our journeys with PMR.  We are in the main not medics or 'expert doctors' but people who are and have experience because we have PMR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.