Ruptured colon 10 years ago. Colostomy reversal. Continuing digestive issues. Fear

Posted , 3 users are following.

Continuing digestive issues and I am afraid that while nobody knows what's wrong. I will rupture again. Doctor's not helping me after months of visits and told it was constipation, I ruptured and almost died. Today fear!!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello. you are quite right when you say no one helps. Colon issues seem to be

in the "out tray"  I think we are given as little informaton as deemed 

necessary. I even wrote to the consultant for some information, as appts with

said person are not on offer. The best way, I have found, is to nag  your G P.

the dept who are  ""looking after you "" and chase .I know it's not an

ideal situation. but if you don't. you will be left , until another emergency

hits you.  So Dee     put your fighting gloves on see how far you get   x

• Posted

Forgot to mention, if you are constipated ,  Lactulose is a really friendly

gentle poo remover

• Posted

Hello Deanna sorry to hear your story I've not long come out of hospital after having some bowel removed because of diverticulitis and now have a bag but I can have it reversed and I'm trying to find out about what the reversal is like and about the recovery and can you still have problems after , have you had yours reversed or have I read your post wrong x

• Posted

Hi Deena,im so sorry about your problems,when i was diagnosed with having diverticula and that constipation could be the culprit my answere was "ive never had constipation" but after taking a product called Lepicol i now realise i did slightly and it has been my lifesaver,i also do eat lots of fruit and veg,and porridge for my breakfast,i have now been fine for bout 18 months unless i eat something that doesnt agree with me and i get the runs for about a day.I now go to the toilet once or twice a day and have never been better,i think the key is to keep things moving in that department,hope this helps and things work out soon for you. Please letus know how you go on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.