Nothing seems to stop awful pain.

Posted , 7 users are following.

NONE OF MY MEDS WILL STOP 'URGENT'PAIN WHEN I HAVE A FLARE-UP.

PARACETAMOL DOES NOT TOUCH IT. ANY IDEAS ON WHICH PAIN KILLERS WORK.

i TAKE OMEPRAZOL/DONPERIDON

THANKS FOR ANSWERING IN ADVANCE.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

sorry for the inconvenience , but we suffer the same fate. no meds can really stop the pain but drinking lukewarm water slowly and applying lavender oil on the abdomen with circular motion somehow eases the pain gradually. hope it works for you.
  • Posted

mefenemic acid, diclofenac & ibufrupen are my painkillers but i would not definitely recommend them as they are doing your stomach more harm than good. hot water compress would be an alternative. hope you feel well soon.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I will certainly try hot water compress but I feel my pain may be too severe.

Thanks again

• Posted

Your gastro doctor what does he reccomend  and why would u want to keep taking pain meds and not get it fixed..?  go to another doctor and work on the solution which is not living on pain meds .... Liz
  • Posted

Gaviscon Advance? Some of the stronger painkillers cause a lot of somach problems. i.e. codeine
  • Posted

At one time I was given a "GI COCKTAIL". A 3:2:1 mixture of ; MAALOX / 2% LIDOCAINE / DONNATOL. Taste awful but works like a charm. I believe it prescription only, but not sure. I tried it in the emergency room one night (my anxiety got the best of me that night).The DONNATOL is an anti-spasm medication.

• Posted

Also Ibprophen is the wrong over the counter pain killer to use if you have reflex. It causes that valve at the end of your esphogagus to relax allowing even more acid to enter your Esphogagus. Try a different one for all aches, pains, fevers. Ibprophen will make reflex issues worse.
    • Posted

Many thanks for your message. I wish I could get hold of the 'cocktail' you had. It sounds as though it would do something for my pain.

Unfortunately my GP is very cautious and I would bet he would not prescribe it. But I will try. Thanks again.

• Posted

have you tried charcoal, it absorb the acidity and reduce pain, or slipperry elm before eating. If you take omeprazol but it still gives you pain then you should go to doctor for another precription, Nexium or meanwhile try Zantac.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot for your reply. no I have not tried charcoal but I surely will. 

omeprazol doesn't do anything for me.

Out to buy some charcoal now.

Many thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.