Had TURP July 18 2016 went amazingly great

Posted , 7 users are following.

After reading a lot on the internet I expected the worst. To my supprize after OR recovery got to my room and had a full meal waiting. I was alert, eating and no pain. 7hrs later some swolen prostrate pain sitting in bed, had my only pain meds. The next morning they removed the foley.

I've been pain free, blood free, and peeing like a race horse. AND foley free, first time in 6 weeks!  Only problem I have is urine retention (not fully emptying my bladder). It is improving as the bladder learns to pee again.

See Dr on Monday.

Big question (SEX after PURT) ... 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Well done. You've been lucky. Just one thing:  it's prostate not prostrate! Very different!!

• Posted

I had turp in late 2009 and still having trouble. Discomfort. Why is it some men don't have any problems while others do have. I have prostatitis. Could it be that surgery on an infected prostate gland doesn't cure. 

• Posted

I'm 63 but in good shape and eat mostly natural foods. No fast foods or prepackage prepared foods. We cook from scratch.

• Posted

Good Job....things will improve gradually..stay with and

take it easy

All the Best

• Posted

Kind of hard to take it easy. I'm building a farmstead in a rural comunity. The house should be started soon and I'm helping with the build.

But I'll learn my limits...

• Posted

Who know if you can after .I hope you can deal with retro.  You may have made the biggest mistake of your life.  If it was so good you should have not been in retention  Good luck Ken
    • Posted

I don't think I had much a choice. Could not pee at all, ended up in hospital. They finally put in a catheter and drained about 3 liters of black and red urine. My prostate was totally blocking my urethra.

Retro, I'll deal with it...

• Posted

Was it the medien lobe in the bladder.  Did they give you a choise or did they say this is all they could do.  I ended up with bladder retention and they had to catheter me and flush me out.  Had Emergency surgery to find out why I way bleeding.  Before surgery I had the surgeon sign a paper that he would leave my prostate alone and just stop the bleeding.  I told him I would not have it if it did not sign.  He did Turns out that I hand 3 blood clogs and I broke one and being on blood thinners that is way I had the bleeding. this was not my urologist.  He know how I feel.    They will never core or cut away at my prostate no way in hell Never like retro when I was on a pill,  At 61 my orgasm are still very intense and I what them to stay that way..  Hope you have a luck with the retro  After a turp it's 90% that you will have retro and you have a chance if the doctor did not mess up your bladder neck you still may have a ejaculation Good luck and heal fast  Ken   

• Posted

What I saw was lobes blocking the path to the bladder. Which lobe I don't know. I did research on the procedures and the urologist didn't have good success with the laser, too much bleeding. Her recommendation was TURP, I agreed. So far all is good. Retraining bladder to empty, every scan it gets better. Praying for the best. Thanks...

• Posted

Gary After talking with my urologist a few month's ago that is the only reason that he will consider a turp.  The medien lube get so big it blocks the bladder.  Most of the time he will try other procedure.  Like the uro-lift he just pulled mine apart.  I hope all go well.  I would never have a women urologist doctor for that problem she does not know how a man feel.  When I was in the hospital for my bladder retention I had a women  urologist come in to my room she could not answer my question.  I ask for my doctor and he came and answered any I had...Take care  Ken

• Posted

Living in a rural area she is the only urologist in the area, and was great. 

1 week after surgery, feeling great, retention down to 130ml today.

• Posted

I am glad she worked for you but I would never have any doctor do that to me.  I will not give up one thing for another.  Stay well  Ken
  • Posted

It is quite refreshing to read about a favourable TURP outcome as there have been so many negative experiences recorded here. My Turp was six months ago and it went pretty much like your own and has continued to be good. There has been some suggestion that age is a factor in determining results and this may well be so but at 84 I could not see how it could have been better. Obviously not all Turp patients come through it as well as we have and for them it must be very frustrating to have had an invasive procedure and be worse off afterwards.

As for sex after Turp. Maybe I will find out one day but it is not at the top of my to-do list.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.