Finish line in sight

Posted , 3 users are following.

As I write this I am on verge of returning to work on a phased return so almost at the finish line so to speak. Just need occupational health to sort my hours out!

I however have a few niggles yet...

Went swimming this week and found that new nerve /pin pricking aches and pains started, especially in scar line and at buttock end of scar particularly (left lateral posterior).

pool staff put some steps in for me but wondering if ok to try ladders? (Op was in april).

Still cannot do shoes up on op leg but much improved.

Cant kneel or squat but hope pool exercise may help this. Any tips??

Leg still swells a lot, from afternoon onwards.

Not using any painkillers at all.

Pace still slow. Bit of waddle but ? Due to leng length. Was told by physio it needs hip to bed in.

Any tips as usual gratefully accepted 😁😁😁

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It all comes with time .... I'm 9 mponths since the op, 6 since revision, and finally feeling vaguely human again.  

I can tie both shoes up, ride a bike, trot up the escalators on the London Tube.

Yes, there is a normal life out there.

Best wishes.

Graham

• Posted

Ladders - probably a bit early, but you can try, just take lots of care, have someone standing by to help you, make sure they know WHY you need their help.

Kneeling/squatting - yep, the more exercise, the better.

I didn't get swelling, the usual advice is rest and ice.

No painkillers is great news.

Waddle - so did I at 6 months - still do when I am tired.

• Posted

I went back to work at week 8.Femur fractured at day 19.Im doing much better but my boss thinks it's ok for me to move tables and chairs.Im still using my walker.She is a medical professional and Im just surprised she would want me to do that.They Have wheels but still it's at least 8 tables and 16 chairs.Its just difficult.I am able to get around at work ok.Lots of walking,sore and tired at the end of the day but that's to be expected. Be careful.Take care of yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.