Geting in to the car ,and out

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All new hippies.

I smiled the first time i read this fourm,someone else  was abel to tell all the news exp etc and share with the rest of us strugling to make sense of the curve ball pitched at us ,

Getting in and out of the car is still difficult for me. I went round the showrooms to see what i could do,skoda,yeti,no help, nissan qashqai was perfect the monie was my problem,so i tried the opel a friend said his dad has one ,so i did I bought a second hand one and it is great, opel zafri. I found others but been 6 ft left a lot to do geting in or out as i am un abel to drive my wife is the driver now and she loves the car,the seat with the plastic sheet makes it a simple task to enter or exit with all the room needed,standing just sit and slide either way,now when the driving will be allowed dec 16 the phsyo says the automatic is not the choice for me as the stick shift will give my legs more exercise which he wants , you learn something new every day.Hope this helps some folk.

God Bless 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's good information there 2Paws, well done on fining a solution that works for you.

I still think that pre-war cars with front doors that hinge on the back edge would be so much easier for us all to get in and out of.

Graham

• Posted

Hi Rocketman.

That wuold be my thinking also, the snag in my case is the huge sill trying to get the feet up and over it is a tough one ,months after i am still tender on that thigh and ccan get very sore, by times ,the humidty does not help ,

God Bless

• Posted

One of my biggest concerns, is getting in and out of the car. My car is low and they say I will probably go home day after surgery.
  • Posted

Great find 2 Paws! And the plastic sheet really made my life better.

I hope your recovery is going well.

Hugs,

L

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.