Turp procedure

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had the turp procedure 4 weeks ago. I am still up urinating during the night.  I also experience other problems.  I was bleeding afterwards and ended up back in the hospital.  The bleeding finally stopped.  Now I have to spread the tip of the penis open to urinate.  I now have a urinary tract infection and have the urge to urinate.  I drink plenty of water.  Did anyone have this procedure and stop having to get up during the night to urinate?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had the Turp 1 week ago. I was told to urinate every 2-4 hrs so the bladder retrains emptying. At 1 week I urinate when I wake up at night even if I don't have the urge to. Keep flushing out the bladder will prevent infection. Drinking plenty of water, 2-3 liters a day I was told. Drink till it's light yellow-clear. Bleeding I was told could last 4+ weeks. My first week I didn't bleed, the past two days I started.

Heal well...

• Posted

Ray sorry for the problem But A turp will do that do you.  I am so sorry.  They try to fix the problem and caused more  Ken
  • Posted

Raymond,

i had  a TURP on June 1st and bleeding stopped atv2 weeks mark. I am not urinating at night after 3 weeks post op sleeping thru the night without waking up to urinate. Give it time to heel. You will be happy with your surgical outcome. I am totaly satisfiedwith my TURP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.