TRHR done today

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all I've posted a few times on this. I am 18 years old and I've been waiting for my both hips to get replacement for 8 years now. Today I got my right hip replacement, I never had any drips or that in, my leg/ hip are a weird feeling my doctor said he wanted me up tomorrow!. How long are you on crutches for?

Thanks Megan x

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

YAHHH CONGRATS!  (I am planning on a walker then a cane) I am pre op, it's great you have the surgery behind you!! Best of luck!!!  

• Posted

Hi megan:

It depends on a lot of things how long you are on crutches. Your age, over all health, what type of procedure etc....are a lot of factors involved that is why none of us heal at the same rate. Happy your surgery went well, and yes your leg/hip would feel a little weird this soon, and also probably the pain medications affecting it. I hope you have continued success and that you are able to function and get around welll soon. Wishing you the best.....Barb

• Posted

True! Yeah if just like a werid feeling for now long does that taken till it goes away? Thank-you so much xx
    • Posted

I think in a couple of days once you are off of the strongest pain relievers you will get more feeling in your leg/hip. It can  stay kind of numb for a while though and that is normal. I still have an area at the top of my thigh/femur that feels real numb and I will be 10 weeks post op tomorrow. Just remember to take it easy and follow your doctors orders. Also remember to do your exercises as instructed and get plenty of rest. Hope you feel much better real soon....Barb
    • Posted

Aah ok than-you for the advice! Are you using any walkers or that?

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

I am still using a cane, but that is because my left hip is really bad. Going in for my lthr in 17 more days now. The right feels pretty good and stable but that constant pain keeps me from walking right or doing much from the left hip. Hopefully after I recover from my lthr I won't need any assistive devices to walk...

• Posted

Well done Megan I wish you a speedy recovery I'm 2.5 weeks post lhr are still very sore around scar and feels warm around scar area but will get better with time I had a little walk today with one crutch but was sore after don't try and do to much to soon .Do as you doctor tells you .Hugs

• Posted

Thank-you so much. Sorry to here that about your self I hope you get there soon

Thanks

Megan x

• Posted

Congrats hippie!!!

I used a walker - no wheels, then two then four. It took about 4 weeks to move off them completely. But I have bad osteoporosis and could not use the crutches.

Good luck and be kind to yourself.

Hugs

L

• Posted

Hi Linda

Thank-you I hope your alright now. Glad I've got it done now ??

MEGN X

• Posted

Hi Megan

Congratulations on your hip replacement.

In my experience things move along fairly quickly after the surgery they will have you out of bed today and over the next couple of days have you getting around on walker/crutches, my op was only 2 weeks ago and had half the staples out yesterday rest coming out tomorrow. You are very young so if all goes well in three to four weeks you will be well on the way to recovery.

Best of luck

Graham

• Posted

Hi graham, thank-you. I am up and sitting on a chair I took a few steps which was quite sore. But in should get there

Thanks Megan x

• Posted

hi megan , 

congratulations and welcome to this side of hippie-land - 

How did you sleep and how is the pain?  What kind of anesthesia did you have?

You just had major surgery, darling - your leg might feel like  an alien appendix for a while - 

They want you out of bed and moving as soon as possible, sit in chair and go to the bathroom by yourself ---- all good stuff -

you will be able to get out and in of bed, chair, walk up and down stairs before you are discharged - as for crutches? not sure as there are so many different approaches .... I also had a walker as advised because I live alone in a small bungalow - 

You will be doing fine .... just come back here when you have questions or concerns okay ---

big warm hug and be gentle with little megan ...

renee

• Posted

Hi renee.

Thank-you, am lot of medication the now some times it really sore and some times it's ok. I kept waking up and fallen asleep again last night so never really had a good sleep. I had general but they gave me a jag before I got put to sleep into my hip.

I walked a few steps today and now I am sitting on a chair but I've been sick twice they have gave me anti sicknesses stuff to help the now. Was quite hard getting out of bed for the first time but I done it. At this moment I am using a walking frame thing then soon I'll move on to crutches in the next few days

Thank-you

Megan x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.