lithium & good antidepressant UK. .I'm desperate help😕

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi iv been on lithium 2yrs works well for me bt I cnt seem to find AD My depression is so bad at times.more so than nor. I think it's the lithium that's stopping me from doing something drastic. Iv been on sirtraline mirt & now venlafaxine. . The mirt me so ill that I think going straight onto ven has maybe stopped it having a chance of work.. we dnt have many meds in the uk I'm told so are very limited. I cnt go on like this.. thanku for reading.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I had really terrible depression and know i take 20 mg of Lexapro combined with 15mg of Remeron. I stopped having 90% of my depression as soon as i started the Remeron. The Lexipro didnt work at all on its own. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh Sharon, how horrible! My son takes 200mg of SAMe with lithium & it seems to help. He's under an excellent Walsh Therapy doctor who deals with the cause of the symptoms at a biochemical level by prescribing high levels of specific nutritional supplements. I hope it lifts soon for you & the sun shines again.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thankyou Krissy.. yday I decided that I'm cutting the venlafaxine out, iv been on 225 2months i thunk now .. no change ?? my word I now no what brain zapps are . I wnt be doing that again. Just dnt no what to do. I hope I get a better pdr bt not expecting.. the old timers are not with new methods ..and there all old the hosp I go. There was a trainee pdr & he new me better actually read my file & said I'm on the wrong meds & put me on lithium .. then I have the propa pdr saying it's unusual to use lithium & a AD together.. I'm no doctor bt what a load of rubbish lithium is a mood stablisor I suffer with severe depression. . She makes me feel like iv made my illness up. My god if only. My life is so lonely because of it.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up