Lower abdomen al discomfort

Posted , 3 users are following.

When I get up from sitting or laying my lower abdomen and groin at times. I have IBS. Could this be connected?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

probably...note:

if you do abdominal exercises...it will strengthen your muscles in your abdomen and your pains may disappear!

• Posted

That's a difficult one for me. I also have herniated discs and exercise is limited. I do get out and walk every day for about 15 min. But other than that nothing.

• Posted

I got this quote from another website...

i'm not saying your pain is from your disc problems...but all exercise you can do...may relieve alot of pain.  I say this because recently I have been exercising for chronic pain and it helps.  I always thought it would make it worse:

Quote:

You don't need to endure an intense cardio program or lift heavy weights—simple stretching and aerobic exercises can effectively control your herniated disc pain.

Stretching programs like yoga and Pilates improve strength and flexibility, and offer relief of acute pain in your leg and low back.

Your doctor may also prescribe dynamic lumbar stabilization exercises. This program features exercises that work the abdominal and back muscles to address posture, flexibility, and strength.

• Posted

When I was first diagnosed with IBS, it was painful to lie down. I asked my doctor if this was connected with IBS and he said yes.  However, that symptom has improved.  I don't know about sitting because I haven't experienced this.

Walking and swimming are the best exercise for my IBS because my joints and muscles are not strong enough for anything else.  I have Aspergers and Dyspraxia which made me very clumsy as a child. My joints have been banged multiple times including my back which flares up unexpectedly.  I got further damage from a chiropractor,masseuse and a botched blood test.

• Posted

I don't seem to have any pain laying down. And the symptoms are not always there. Sorry you have so many medical issues and I can't help you with any of them. Before going thru an upper / lower GI I had really bad GERD and everything I ate caused indigestion and burning pain in my chest. The best thing I ever did for the GERD was a prescription strength Omiprazol. My symptoms were gone after one dose. Best of luck to you and God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.