Pain on lower left abdominal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having pain/pressure on left side lower abdominal area. Feels like I have a rib out of place.pain is there irregardless of needing a bowel movement. What organs are on that side/in that area that would cause concern?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, on your left side of body is your stomach, pancreas, spleen and also part of your small intestine and large intestine.

However bare in mind that pain can 'defer' which means where you feel pain may not necessarily be the site of the issue.

I had lots of left abdominal pain and it ended up being gastritis.

Go to your doc if the pain is persistent.

• Posted

Lower? How low? If you're talking rib cage level then your stomach, spleen & left kidney (kidneys ext to spine around back). Spleen is about 5 ribs up if you count from the longest area at the side.. Stomach is about 3 ribs up counting from the side but away from the side.

Your large intestines sit behind the last couple of ribs at the side and go right across your body..

Constipation? Excess gas? If the Spleen then have you had an injury to that area anytime? I could put more but when you've figured out where in relation to the bottom side of your ribcage this is..

• Posted

Scott65024. I don't know what to tell u except my ribs are located in my upper abdomen. Unless someone else is more knowledgeable about the human anatomy on this site, try googling what internal organs are located on the left side of the body/abdomen.Good luck and feel better.

• Posted

The most common problem in that area is stomach, pancreas and bowel. After being treated for gastritis with no relief, then it was decided it was my pancreas, because the pain would be so acute, and then after suffering for well over a year and a half with repeated trips to the ER and tests, it was finally determined that I had a bowel blockage and I had about a foot and a half removed. I had scar tissue from previous surgery, plus inflammation from going so long with the issue and no effective treatment. I still have problems, so I try to stick to soft foods and liquids mostly. In my experience, it's best to get on the phone, raise some hell, get the doctors to listen, do lots of tests and push push push until you get relief. It took many years for me and now I still have problems because I didn't push hard enough to get something done while the problem was still a mild one. I truly believe that had they found the real cause of my initial discomfort, I would not have had to have such extensive surgery and prolonged suffering and such a limited diet now!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.