PSA

Posted , 4 users are following.

After my green light surgery my PSA grew from  0,33 to 3,3 in 4 years

what are the causes of this behaviour?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not to worry. Don't rely on a PSA. Get a cystoscope if you are really concerned, but PSA's tend to go higher as you age. A 3 reading is normal.

• Posted

You say after, what was it prior to GL?

Mine was about 7.8 before laser surgery and is now 0.74.

• Posted

You can expect the PSA to be vastly reduced immediately after any surgery where a considerable amount of prostate tissue is removed and as tissue regrows it is inevitable that PSA will rise in line with this regrowth.

It should eventually plateau out at a level commensurate with your age but always bear in mind that the regrowth may well continue to the point where you require another "rebore" some time in the future and an increase in PSA above the norm can be expected due the returning BPH.  

My recent HoLEP revealed a low grade PCa and I fully expect my PSA to eventually rise above the norm for my age and I aim to pay a lot of attention to how fast it rises to give me all the advantages of available treatments at the earliest possible point in time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.