Cipralex has changed my life. It has brought out the ver...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Cipralex has changed my life. It has brought out the very best in me - amusing, kind, positive and creative and suppressed the nervy, iritable behaviour that spoilt my relationships. It has allowed me to make wonderful friends and to make benificial difference to people's lives. I am in my 50s and know a lot about life. I feel as though I had taken a magic potion that has brought happiness, fulfilment and peace of mind. Just bloody wonderful. Currently I am on the recieving end of comments of 'meeting you has brought the sunsine out for me R' etc from 5 or 6 people. Dont think I'm delusional!Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I hope so. Only down side - lack of libido, or do I just not fancy the lovely man who has fallen in love with me? Please answer!

[i:d799a4cd2c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d799a4cd2c]

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

glad to hear of your positive experience. how long was it before it kicked in? I am in my third week and not felt any better yet. I am still jittery but at least my appetite is coming back.

[i:cece5bd66a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:cece5bd66a]

• Posted

glad to hear of your positive experience. how long was it before you started feeling the effects? I am in my third week and still get the jitters but at least my appetite is coming back and I am on diazepam to help the panic attacks.

[i:3f2f40eac3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:3f2f40eac3]

• Posted

Hi Guest

This is my second week and I get the jitters and nervousness and shakiness in my body. Most of the time its in the morning. Told my Doc about it and she said to continue. How are you doing with those jitters....

• Posted

Great that you have had such a positive result with Cipralex. I too have had a similar experience with this medication. Good luck !

[i:57ac776fcb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:57ac776fcb]

• Posted

i agree with all that you said bar one thing, my libido is through the roof, have been on cipralex for 8 months now, and it is like i was just born, i'm 32 and feel like i am going through my 20's doing all the stuff i missed out on, thank you cipralex, and good luck to you all x

[i:29343fe09d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:29343fe09d]

• Posted

I suffer with chronic fatigue syndrome and one of the symptoms is anxiety and panic attacks - cipralex has helped with this BUT my libido is non-existent to such an extent my wife thinks I am having an affair (I am not) things can only get better

[i:d3e5d9f9da]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d3e5d9f9da]

• Posted

Glad to see you have the great experiences. The only thing I did see was whether your weight was affected?

[i:4b6097debb]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4b6097debb]

• Posted

I'm so pleased you've had such a positive reaction to cipralex.

May I ask your advice, guys? I've tried these for ages previously, they didn't work, in fact, I've yet to find a benefit from any of the prescribed meds.

I moved home and am with a new(ish) doctor now, have explained that these pills failed previously, along with approx 30 diff others over a period of 15 years, and now that I've read the 'libido' comments... I fully remember the side effects, or lack of, again!

I honestly forgot... instead believing it's just me being me! It's been 6 weeks now, and as others have stated, my partner thinks I'm disinterested in her... untrue.. I'm simply disinterested!

After years of counselling, that failed, the myriad of tablets, and almost total withdrawl from 'outside life'... is it possible that there simply is no cure? I don't know. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact now, though.

Thanks for the reminder that 'a certain part isn't quite down n out' lol.... x

• Posted

Hello Guest,

Loved your post. I pray and hope I will feel the same way you do. This is the whole reason I decided to take this medication. So far starting week 4 tomorrow and still suffering from negative side affects. No good feelings yet at all. Doc wants me to go up to 20 mg, now I am on 10mg. and I am very hesitant about doing this. But I guess I must follow her advice. What do you think ? I love your post, I read it over and over to keep my hopes up, because I am very close to stopping this medication as I do not see a benefit and losing hope.

• Posted

Hello! I was so reliwved to read your review.. I ve started 3 weeks on cipralex.. And I have heavy headaches and sleep problems.. I want to be optimostic with this new medicine.. Thanks for your review!
    • Posted

hi chacha, it's early days for your course of meds so dont worry and give it some more time, and i expect your side effects will subside soon.  what dosage are you on, have you started on  5mg?  10mg?  20mg?
  • Posted

I am experiencing the same thing. This drug has changed my life in so many ways. I didn't want to get out of bed in the mornings to go to work...and many days I didn't. Now I am out out of bed and in the shower without a second thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.