My babies health. please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this so I'm not even sure if i am posting this in the right place. need some advice really. My son is 3 weeks old. he is having problems with his stomach at first we thought it was just constipation as he hadn't poor for a couple of days. now he is back to once a day but they are all very runny and green/yellow. He is in a lot of pain he writhes about like he is getting severe stomach pains, screaming all the time, and bringing back up a lot of his food. we have seen the health visitor and even taken him to the gp, but they have both said he seems normal. i fear he may be lactose intolerant and can't get into docs for a few days. we have been out and the only formula milk that we can find is cow and gate infosoy, and was going to give this a go. but since buying i have seen a lot of posts saying this is dangerous can someone please advise because we don't really know what to do.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

every seems to fit apart from the weight loss. he was born 8.5 now 15 days later he is 9.9
  • Posted

I share your concern. When you believe your baby is not well, you just want to do anything you can for them! Has colic been mentioned to you at all?

Have a read through https://patient.info/health/baby-colic-leaflet . Remember a newborn's digestive system is immature and still 'developing'.

When my daughter was born, I took baby massage classes and learnt massage techniques to help relieve colic pain, which I found to be very useful both to help relieve any digestive pain she was experiencing and helped with the bonding experience too!

I have also known other parents who have had to try 2 to 3 different brands of formula before they found one that 'agreed' with their baby.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.