Some advice needed on my symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether I could get some advice. I have suffering with on and off strange symptoms for a number of years. I recently suspected that I might have MS; however my doctor believes it is stress or vitamin deficiency related.

Since 2010, I have been suffering with on and off loose stools and belching.

In Dec 2010, I was getting random tingling all over, cramps and twitching, lump in the throat sensation, twitching eye lids, and extreme fatigue. I had pain in my ankles, shins, thighs, under my heels so bad I could not stand up for 30 mins without getting tired. I took a blood test and I was Vit D deficient as my reading was 17 (Was told it should be closer to 60). Took tablets and all the symptoms went away after a few months.

In December 2012, I had frequent urination, twitching of both eyelids, extremely dry mouth, upset stomach, twitching and tingly sensation all over, lump sensation in the throat, pain in soles of feet, and extremely dry eyes. After a couple of months all symptoms went.

August 2013, frequent urination problems came back for around a month then went.

Since December 2013, I have frequent urination, tingling sensation all over body (especially the feet), pain in soles of feet, twitching eye lids, random all over body pain, loose bowels, ringing in my ears (especially at night). I had a blood test and results were fine. Vit D was slightly low at 50, but not too bad.

Since last week, I now have all the above, aswell as light headedness/ dizziness and upset stomach. I can’t really seem to focus. Since Saturday, my left ear is numb and now it feels like my left cheek is the same.

On a recent visit to my GP, I told him I think it might be MS due to doing some research. He told me he does not think it is and that due to all the random symptoms it is a psychological issue. Even tried to prescribe me anti-depressants. I told him I was not in need of them.

I wondering if anyone can offer any advice.

Thankyou in advance.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think you should see a different GP for another opinion. As your symptoms seem to clear up completely, then return as before, I think you do need to have a brain MRI and perhaps include spine MRI to check for any lesions, either inflammatory lesions or demyelination. A lumber puncture may also be recommended. If all these tests are clear then you could think about making dietary changes to see if there is any improvement in symptoms.
  • Posted

Hi

We have very similar symptoms, i also have leg pain, especially when pressing on my shin and heel. I also have a neck pain which I'm not sure if related but it was the first symptom that I got before i started deteriorating. I can feel weakness in my legs when walking upstairs like I have arthritis. I have multiple joint pain too which was one of my first symptoms. I have severe tiredness/fatigue that I cant seem to get rid of and is always there from morning to evening.

I only found out two days ago that I am Vitamin D deficient, for months I kept nagging the doctors and all they did was prescribe painkillers. Eventually I moved to another doctor who referred me for a blood test and thats when they found that I am deficient in vitamin D. I am just hoping that in a few months I will get better too sad. This deficiency is debilitating I wish people will be more aware of it. Do you get random shooting pains too?

• Posted

hus88838

hope you have had some relief of your symptoms I have suffered of all of the same over the last 20 years and I have chronic fatigue syndrome it is a very weird illness with so many strange sensations I had alumber punture 20 years ago to rule out ms.

I suffered immensely for 2 years and gradually symptoms subsided then 9 years ago I had a major relapse that lasted around 2 years over the years I have had annoying and persistent symptoms but nothing I could not cope with then 4 weeks ago back with a bang headaches tingling muscle stiffening shooting pains blurred vision I am at my wits end 

• Posted

Actually many of the symptoms you referred are typical of MS. They do not display in the same way and amount for all MS patients, but unfortunately your picture seems to be It.

I myself had many of your symptoms before diagnosed. They told it was only stress, anxiety, but further tests led to the correct diagnosis: MS.

Fear is not useful in this case. You need 2 test that really are essential, and you need them soon to take the right actions before the progression go forward. Timely action in these cases can limit and contain the damages, and in many cases there might be a complete regression as well.

Go for a MRI test , focused on your head and your spinal cord. It would tell you if there are spots in your nervous system where myelin (the coat that insulates nerves) is damaged.

Another test is lumbar puncture. Trough it Physicians search some proteinic substances in your spinal liquor that will give a further confirm or refutation over the suspected diagnosis. This is not a completely painless test, so I would avoid it, but It would be a required and important confirm.

Another advice: start a correct diet. It is very matter. You should read a couple of books that will help you indeed, I will give you the titles and authors in a private e-mail message if you want. Writers were affected by MS, are both of them american physicians and completely symptoms-free right now, thanks for their applied researches. Their information are useful even if you are not effected by MS (and I heartly hope so for you).

I wish you the best

Federico

• Posted

hi

i can't offer any advice, but i would ceratinly see another GP, if all he is offering is anti depressants..

they won't tell you whats wrongneutral

too many drs seam to think anti depressants are the answer to everything.

good luck and let us know how you get on .

• Posted

Hi guest I know your post is over a year old but just wondere how u are doing and did u get to the bottom of the problem I have alot of the symptoms u descibe lump in throat feeling all over body tingling feelinf tired all the time pains in shoulder blades and upper and lower back and very weird chest sensations I have these symptoms all day every day for 3 months now some days are worse then others tests I have had done are brain mri all normal gastroscopy all normal barium swallow x ray all normal chest.x rays all normal and every blood test going and all normal but still have all these symptoms and no answers im so scared there missing something oh and I to have loose stools most of the time and a burning in my throat when I wake in the morning its awful having to live like this I have 3 children who need me and going from been running around symptom free 3 months ago to this its unreal there has to be an answer to what it is I was just wondering did u ever find out or if there is anyone else with these symptoms .
    • Posted

I have a lot of the same symptoms as you and am also wondering what is going on with myself . I am a mother of four and hate feeling this awful all the time , it is really affecting my way of life . I'm sorry you're feeling this way also , it's very scary and stressful . Hope you find an answer as to what is going on .

• Posted

Hi im so sorry you are suffering to its dreadful and its the not knowing and the fear of the what ifs thats so scary im still no better getting worse if im honest I just want to be normal and be me again or to get to the bottom of what is causing all my symptoms and fix it just wondering how long u have been suffering and how it all started for u and have u had any tests done and they were .thanks for replying to my post kind regards tracy .
  • Posted

I am suffering exactly the same symptons as yourself for a while now and it's absolutely horribless. I'm now wondering if it might be a diabetes issue so am gonna try and get a full blood check . I hope you have got to the bottom of your symptoms as I know this is a old post and you are feeling better now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.