HSP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've had this disease for five years now without any complications or any problems. I read that you msy have this disease for several months..... But the the only problem i have had is the fact that you can't go outside with a t-shirt because of how your skin looks like. Also i was sent ti a skin doctor, but i should have been sent to a neurologist. If any body else has any experiences please write!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How old are you ? And what parts of your body had rashes ? 

You indicated that you cant go outside with a t-shirt.... did you mean without a t-shirt ? 

If you has skin rashes on the chest, then it may not be HSP. because HSP affects the lower half of the body. 

• Posted

Dont you feel numbness in your body when ever the rashes reappear? I have not suffered as long as you, but it quite concerns me.

I have had hsp since the last 9 months. The first 3 months were quite painful. I had extreme stomach pain, haematuria. I had to take steroids for 5 months. The nephrologist that i visited had told me to take steroids for a year but i started getting lots of side effects so i eventualy stopped after consulting other doctors. I have been visiting different nephrologists, rheumatologists who keep on telling me to run different blood tests. Now my hands look like a drug addicts. Due to frequent blood tests my hands have turned bloody scary. I get abdominal pain from time to time. I have been getting sick frequently since i was diagnosed with hsp. I get frequent fever and dysentary. Well i am scared of walking, even to get off my bed, the rashes turn so scary when i do. My body feels really numb. I have lost the interest to do anything.

How have you lived for the past 5 years?

• Posted

There is no lab test or blood test for HSP. Not sure why doctors run blood tests for rashes. 

All your symptoms are indicative of HSP. What about joint pain? Did you get those frequently

• Posted

Do you feel that your symptoms come up during the times your stressed ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.