large lump shoulder/neck

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, I found a large lump on the back of my neck/shoulder. Doc said it was a lipoma and referred me to a dermatologist. Had ultrasound and he confirmed but recommended removal by surgery as was quite big and causing discomfort. He doubted my word that it had appeared over a couple of weeks but when he tried to remove it he failed as is too deep and atached to musle/ nerves. He took a biopsy which i am now waiting for results from, and said i need to find a plastic sergeon to remove it but it needs to come out. Can't find any similar cases and am a bit concerned may be more than a lipoma, any thoughts or past exp?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a largish lipoma on my back that was removed many years ago with no problems whatsoever. However I also had a much smaller one removed from my arm some years later which was difficult for the surgeon to remove because it was attached to the bone. I imagine the biopsy is just a precautionary measure and I wouldn't be unduly concerned.
  • Posted

Hi I wondered how you got on with your biopsy last year. I too have a Lipoma on my neck and shoulder however they tell me there is nothing they can do as it is covered in blood vessels. I am in a lot of pain with it. Any suggestions

Thanks sad

• Posted

I too have a lumpon my neck and shoulder its really worrying me please help me and give me some advice
    • Posted

Its actually now really red i dont know what to do or think and i am sick with worry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.