I ve tried everything

Posted , 3 users are following.

sad I have chloasma on my forehead, chin, cheeks, upper eyelids and top lip. I absolutely hate it and it has completely destroyed my self confidence.

I have tried an ICP peel, LHE laser and am also receivingg at the moment IPL laser treatment. I have found the latter has improved my rosacea (redness) but the brown patches, although lighter have grown.

I find the brown patches are definitely hormone related, although they never go completely, sometimes they seem lighter than at other times in the month. I can never tell if its going to be a good day or bad day until I look in the mirror in the morning.

It affects every part of my life, summertime is a season I do not look forward to as I am forever trying to face away from the sun. Sometimes I will not even want to go out, which of course affects my husband.

I never go out with out factor 40 sunblock at any time of the year and also use foundation with an SPF of 15.

I have tried many cover foundations, unfortunately they always appear caked on, so I either get looked at beause of the amount of makeup or the brown patches, its a no win situation.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi. im the same coating loads of cover up and foundation on its all i look at when i see myself. does laser work at all? :cry:
  • Posted

well in answer to your make-up application, i am using bare escentuals mineral concealer and foundation - i find that this is the best at masking the brown patches although it does not completely cover them, the powder is very fine and you only need to use a little bit. I am considering having the IPL laser treatment as the last resort after trying various creams. : :roll:
  • Posted

I'm trying bio oil at the moment which does appear to be doing something. I've only had the chloasma for about a year, but it does seem to be fading.
  • Posted

i have been using bio oil but doesnt seem to be doing anything?? i think cause i am using factor 50 daily on my face the chloasma seems to be fading but only because i am not seeing any sun!

i am sure when i go abroad next year the problem will reappear again even stronger

• Posted

Hi It is my first time here. I have suffered with \"chloasma\" for 4 years now. I am 30 yeras old and have lost all my self confidence, I hardly ever leave my home as I carn't stand the way I look.

I had a miss carriage and since then my body has \"died\" I say. My face used to be beautiful...now the pigmintation and that is unbelievable. People say its not that bad but I am the one living with it.

I have been to so many doctor's public and private, dermotoligist and had various creams and have had treatments of uv lights, which I must say did work to a certin point.

I am sick of proplr saying just put lots of make up no one will notice.

But I notice....And it makes me sad......

Anyone with information or has this please write me. I am new to the internet and computer so hope this works.

My heart goes out to all as it has destroyed me....I wish this on no one......

• Posted

well you sound that i used to feel, i have heard that ipl laser treatment works but can be expensive, there is a clinic called the private clinic in manchester and london that give a free initial consultation, but then after this the laser can cost around £200 per session - i wouldnt mind paying if it was guaranteed to work but there are no guarentees. I have been using a factor 50 daily because i have been told that even natural daylight affects this condition - i understand your frustration as the GP's do not seem to be concerned at all, i have pestered my GP who has eventually referred me to dermatology but says they may not be able to treat this condition on the NHS i will wait and see. I have been using facial scrubs daily too in order to get rid of the old skin cells and hopefully bring clear ones back! I have heard about people taking suppliments for their skin but not sure if this works but may be a cheaper alternative.

hope something works for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.