Tens Machine and Spina bifida

Posted , 1 user is following.

My Step Father was born with spina bifida and is in considerable pain every day of his life. I have recently heard of the tens machine and wondered if anyone could tell me if this could be a possible pain relieving remedy for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My problem is with SB occulta & pain links to utis out of control- NB pyuria . Also get terrible pain & spacicity in lower back which can relieve by upping rotated antibiotic medication [ NB see a Urologist 3 weekly & medication regime customised .]

However acute symptons low back excrutiating pain are not his remit .

Have found TENS, ultrasound &

acupuncture cupping & paramol when acute to be useful .Only take paramol in emergencies.

Watch out for sepsis & heart problems I notice death rate high for this. I think also in line for genetic multi infart dementia as a result. Did you resolve the issue?

• Posted

I have been investigating a spinal stimulator like an implanted TENS machine used as a last resort not always helpful but in half the cases helps.In my case I have too much infection ^ cardiac problems.But in your case it may be worth trying out.
  • Posted

I have had Accupouncture , used a tens and also used the ultrasound. All give short term relief so need to ne used frequently

I havew spian bifida, which at aged 38 has created furtehr complication in spondolythesis 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.