Tennis Elbow Surgery Help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have had bad tennis elbow in both arms for a few years, i have had physio, worn splints and had cortisone but it's still bad. My surgeon wants to do a Tendon Release operation - has anyone had this operation? was it worth it? any tips or information please.

thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello,I had the op just over 2 weeks ago on both elbows.I had suffered tennis elbow for about 18 months.The op was the last resort as i had tried everything else including a number of cotisone injections.I found that the cortisone gave good relief for up to 3 months but the pain always returns.I am 37 years old and i think the TE was self inflicted as i have always loved sport.The surgeon has warned me that this is a long slog and that i will have to wait up to 12 weeks before i see the benefits so it is early days.For the fist few days i could,nt do anything for myself but i now have more movement although it is still painful.No heavy lifting for 6 weeks so being a paramedic i,m a bit stuffed.Hope all goes well for you Regards dave
    • Posted

Hi there, I know this post is old, but I wonder if you could advise me. I'm having open surgery for tennis elbow release, and have no idea what to expect afterwards.

I have a young boy, so really want to know so I can sort care.

Do you wear a cast or sling, if so, for how long? When can I return to normal duties at home etc..

Ps I did ask at hospital and was told to Google it.. Which has caused more confusion..

Thanks in advance

• Posted

Hi sara I realize this was 5 months ago but I figure I would reply ...I had my surgery June 3rd 2015 so exactly 5 months out my orthopedic surgeon told me it would either work or not work ...I did the injections too they lasted 2 weeks for me each time ...so far after surgery the pain is returning for me so I'm thinking about going back in to try another shot ...gl with your surgery smile

Debbie

• Posted

Get the op or you will be stuck with this for life. I had it done a few weeks ago after 2 years of trying everything else( none of it works ). I had both arms done and am starting to feel the benefit already.

Dont waste time on acupuncture, cortisone or any other therapies.

Good Luck

P.S. The op is a breeze

• Posted

Hi, can you tell me exactly which operation you had.  What is with a laser or the conventional scalpal.  Were you told of any specific side effects to this operation.  Thanks in advance.  
  • Posted

Vibration therapy can be very useful. Try Tenease before surgery.

tenease.com

• Posted

Vibration can increase the circulation.  Tendons are very low on blood flow and that is at the root of the problem..  If you want more natural way to heal tennis elbow and get to the "why" visit repetitivestraininjury.us/elbowmenderpro/
    • Posted

I will check into this before I go back to my surgeon.... thank you smile

Debbie

• Posted

I keep getting tennis elbow and am just catching up the fact that the physio simply makes it worse. Sadly my GP and physio really do think if you have strain type injury why not try and cure it by spraining it a whole lot more with more exercise?Try something along these lines:

>>> Reduce the exerises or maybe even stop them. Certainly cut down on any that try to extend the hand range of movement (I found exercises like bending your hand back may the problem very much worse.)

>>> Get a physio on osteo to give the elbow tendons a seriously heavy duty massage. You can find then tendons by moving your fingers. (This does not get rid of it but it makes it noticably better

>> If you use a computer a mouse does not help and if you sit at a desk, try making sure desk and chair heights are such that your elbow is the same height as the desk surface But I found that can start a simialr problem in the shoulders.

I would be interested to know if any of this helps.

• Posted

Here is the deal, massage is nice. Yet it is just a tease in the right direction.  The important thing to know about tennis elbow is that it is secondarily a inflammation condition and primarily a blood flow issue.  Tendons are already low in blood but when you have scar tissue covering over they become starved!   The trick is to find a way to get those tendons pumping circulation 24/7.  Visit repetitivestraininjury.us/elbowmenderpro/  for a home cure approach and everything you need to know.  Please lemme know if you have questions as I want to help you!

• Posted

Hi Guest, just wondered if you had the operation for tennis elbow, which type it was, and if you are now pain free.  I also have tennis elbow and am finding it very debilitating.  
  • Posted

Unfortunatly it can cause more scar tissue. If you want a method to heal your problem and get to the root of the problem check out risk free repetitivestraininjury.us/elbowmenderpro/   I'd be happy to answer any questions you have!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.