chilblains

Posted , 2 users are following.

[color=red:ddb726edb3][/color:ddb726edb3] :cry: I get these every year and drive me mad, is there a cure for chilblains and raynauds syndrome as the medication Im on does not work . Please Help as IM SOOOOOOOOOO DESPRATE

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Keep out of draughts - especially floor-level draughts.

Wear WOOL gloves and socks - not manmade fibres. Wool and angora are the warmest.

(Why not learn to knit your own? Plenty of websites with tutorials!)

• Posted

No cure for 'Raynauds' as far as I am aware. As a long time sufferer I can sometimes stop it happening by vigorous exercise. You get to know when it's likely to come on - i.e. get your circulation going; running on the spot & / or swinging your arms fast, slapping hands on back of opposite shoulders. That kind of thing. Not always guaranteed to work but worth trying... keeping wrists warm seems to help - long sleeves; keep body temperature up - plenty of layers - bit of a pain sometimes, however, you can always take em off but you can't put em on if you're underdressed.... merino wool recommended - look in camping/outdoors shops - worn next to skin by mountaineer types.Re chilblains - don't scratch! Unless you are under doctors orders on (nifedipine?) I reckon it's worth trying - seperately - all of the cures / treatments suggested on this forum including the pee one! One of them might work - but give each one time to take effect - there are no miracles Ibuprofen gel seems to help me - rub in gently before bed & during day. Good Luck
  • Posted

I've had chilblains bad for about 4 years every winter. This year I invested in 8 pairs of angora socks and wore them from morning to night. I had one little flare up but I treated it with Sudocreme (diaper rash creme).

Since then my toesies have been trouble free. I love my angora socks. :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.