withdrawel from being reduced on trazodone

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am asking this time about coming off trazodone i'm now taking 1 x 50mg trazodone every 4th day and feel very tired as on the nights i don't take it i only get around 4 to 5 hours sleep but on the night i do take it i get a great night sleep. the nights i don't sleep with i get a bit edgy and anxious also is this normal to feel like this. This site has been very helpful to me since i started the new medication too which was citalpram 20mg, that in itself took a good month to get into my system, but getting the old medication out is worse. x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

..... and Citalopram is better than trazodone?! That's debatable.
    • Posted

I had a lot less side effects with citalopram, tbh I didnt feel any effects at all on it and rather upping my dosage the docs changed them, on trazodone I got loss of appetite, sickness, headaches and feeling sick specailly at night which in turn makes me anxious.....so I would say citalopram was better (mertazipine is my fall back one, no side effects but effects not working as well) 
    • Posted

We are the lab rats indeed. That' swhy we are here exchanging experiences. It is very unfortunate that doctors give us these things without knowing what the effect will be. This is where we are. I just ordered a DNA test which has information about reaction to drugs as well, curious if it will be useable information.

Back to these drugs. tbh I only tried Trazodone for sleep. Short effect. Trazodone has a 7h half-life. I was not interested in long term effect.

In the case of Citalpram, half-life is 35 hrs, so we can only talk about longterm effect. My bad reaction to one 30mg pill might be more about the dosage than the drug itself. Escitalophram (precursor of Citalopram)  Cipralex brand, had no sideeffects for me 8 years ago. But it had a long withdrawar effect. Brainzaps.

At the end, less drugs the better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.