Anyone help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was diagnosed with all different type of kidney issues from the age of 18 yrs. Then they said i had minimal change and the final diagnosis was Neuphrotic syndrome. while they were still trying to diagnose and testing different steroids on me my left hip gave up at the age of 21( due to my bones and Joints having gone weak due to the NS) . I got a hip replaced at 22 in 1994. Just after they said my kidneys have gone better not

functioning 100% but better i was glad to hear that. They discharged me from all hospital appointments eventually and no medication. I was glad. there were so many damages done to my bones, joints and my physical strength all together. Now after almost 20 yrs I am starting to swell up more a lot and getting lots of bad headaches( burning scalp), pain around the hip area and generally very unwell...i went to the doctors last week with a ton of issues and waiting to have a few tests done now. Can the NS relapse after so long? anyone experience similar issues?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there!! Really sorry to hear how it has affected you. Yes you can relapse I have 3 times and am on my third after a 17 year break!! It usually happens again when the body has a lot of inflammation and there is generally an underlying cause. I have had to do a lifestyle overhaul because I am never going on steroids again. Whilst you may have to go on steroids again I could recommend a few things to help your body help itself that are working for me and have cured others naturally. Good luck
  • Posted

Bless you!

I have NS since 2011 and have tried various treatments.

At the moment I am in remission but the consultant said another relapse can happen in a week, month, year or never. So I have to live day to day. There is no known cure at the moment so I hope you are not in relapse.

Amanda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.