Orlistat and pcos

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I am so grateful to find a site that can tell me so much information about taking this drug. Today is my first day taking it so I have my fingers and toes crossed that it helps me lose weight. I have been gaining weight for about a year now even though I eat healthy and am active. I have been trying to conceive with no luck :cry: anyway to cut a long story short GP diagnosed me with pcos which is contributing to my ever increasing weight! So I have had a choice be treated for pcos or try to lose weight so here I am... 5f and 13s 5lbs so got a lot to lose. :x

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi cody6,

I don't mean to be rude but what is pcos? There are alot of helpful people on this site. I am sure someone can help. Keep us informed as to how you're gettin on.

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Hi sorry I should have eplained pcos...it is polycystic ovary syndrome.
  • Posted

Hi Thanks for explaining. Ouch!! My step-sister has suffered with this and has had a rough time. Poor you :cry:. I'm so sorry I don't know much about it but can help support each other with weight loss if u like :?:

Let me know :wink:

• Posted

Thanks, I don't know much about it yet but do know that at least I am overweight it is not all my fault!! I have been trying so hard to lose weight only to put it on so hopefully these tablets will help kick start the process. I am on day 3 now and keeping to a low fat diet, don't feel too bad although I had a terrible headache last night! I don't have to go back to my doctor until I finish a month of orlistat so I will do weigh ins myself each. First one will be next wed so fingers crossed.

Are the tablets working for you?

x

• Posted

Hi again,

Am on day 6 now. So far hav had gall stone pain 4 first 2 days but that's subsisded. Then headache day 3 but i think that was not drinking enough cos of fat in milk i didn't hav so much tea & forgot to replace it with water!! Just took paracetemol and pint of water that did trick! [b:76743016cb]Hav u had any orange oil yet?[/b:76743016cb] :twisted: I was given a homemade pie from Mother in law very tasty but full of fat! Hav had orange oil 4 3 days. Luckily i only ate 1/4 of pie so didn't hav accident :!: :oops: I don't know if you're supposed 2 hav orange oily poo all the time or only if u eat too much fat, must do another post and ask the others who've been on it longer, u know, THE VETERANS :lol: I made mistake of breaking my once a week rule and weighed myself on Wed, had put on 0.2kg I was GUTTED :x :? Although I hadn't taken any water tabs as had been going out. Serves me right for sneakin a peek :!: Good luck with ur weigh in let me know how it goes! :wink:

• Posted

Hi

I've just been to my doc due to weight increase for PCOS symptom and advised to take either sibutramine or orislat. Anyone had any expericen with the sibutramine as I havent found any postings on that. I dont like the sound of the oily poo or the wind but if it works I'll give anything a try. I'm due back at the docs next week to discuss further so any input/advice would be great :D

• Posted

hey Nicky,

I too have just been diagnosed with PCOS, and I have been on the tabs for 9days.

I would suggest you give it a try. the O/oil poo is strange should you over do it on the fat intake in a day or if you don't evenly distribute the fat intake over the 3 meals per day.

My feeling was I would give anyting a try shold it help me shift this ring around my waist!!

Go for it, you have nothing to lose but weight and orange oil!! lol

x

• Posted

Hey I too have pcos, were u able to lose any weight with oristat. I've been on it a couple weeks and haven't lost anything sad.

• Posted

Hang in there!

I've been on orlistat for 4 weeks now. I've dropped 23 lbs, with a moderate diet (better eating habits) and daily exercise. (I find cardio helps a lot with weight loss and PCOS) I've also

Found you cannot weigh yourself everyday..

I weigh myself every Sunday morning after I wake up and use the bathroom. Then I hop on the scale. This is the most accurate number as your weight can fluxuate through the day.

I hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.