how do I control my herpes outbreaks

Posted , 15 users are following.

My boyfriend & I both have herpes he gave it to me.

I have had one huge out break last year the first one

I went on valacyclovir

to treat it. It went away. So I stop taking it then this year

another out break. So I had to start taking it again. He doesn't

seem to get the same out breaks like I do he says he gets just

the inching I get it all why? & he still wants to have sex like it's nothing

what can I do to help my outbreaks?. This has hurt my woman hood in so many

ways. He cheated & I become the victim with him but I get the worst

of the outbreaks please help

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey,

Im not one to talk here but if he cheated on you and gave you herpes why are you still with him?

Be very careful. And my boyfriend doesn't get breakouts like that either, but i do. i just think women are way more vulnerable to the virus then men are. every time you get an outbreak just take the medication they prescribed to you. remember break outs can happen with stress, being on your period, all of that. & its not a good idea to have sex while your on breakouts because the friction can make it real painful

Hope i helped

• Posted

I have found your information to be very helpful. I just contracted hsv2 when a guy I went out with pressured me into sex when I didn't want it. He kept pestering and pressing buttons until I finally gave in. Turns out he didn't know he even had it. When I told him he flipped out on me, calling me a slut and such. Anyway.

Your information on this thread Has been very helpful and has made a lot of sense as to why I'm having an ob right now. Thank you for not only providing this information, but also for being very mature and respectful about it. A lot of people want to make it out to be the worst thing in the world, but truth is, it's really not. As far as incurable diseases go, I think we all got lucky. Haha

• Posted

Like millions he didn't know he had it until he had an out break & soon as he had in he told me & we went to my doctor together it may have been before my time it can be pin pointed but he didn't hide it either. I'm not sure why he doesn't get the same outbreaks that I do. Besides the medication & trying to stay stress free yeah right is there anything else that I can do does food affect it in any way. Should I take the medication even when I don't have an outbreak or omly when I have an outbreak. Will these outbreak over time lessen or go away this is my 2 outbreak 1 year from the first. If i'm taking the medicine but he doesn't take the medicine does it make a difference between the two of us.
    • Posted

1sounhappy, I'm sorry this happened to you, I understand how you feel completely, but your situation w ob's is not bad at all and quite good actually. I only got it 4 months ago after being abstinent for over 2yrs and had severe neuropathy, that forced me to the ER. I have an ob almost every month and I take meds daily. It's when I go out till the wee mornings drinking, I have an ob. Maybe that's a trigger for you and you didn't realize it. I've had 6 since I've had it and I feel like I'm almost always active, even without the presence of a sore. I almost always have a burning tingly sensation on my tailbone and I have a feeling that sex will be painful for me from here on out. The virus did something to my nerves. So being that you only get two obs a yr, especially being you've noy had it long; consider yourself lucky. I wish I was you. 
    • Posted

Also, I found that it is sugary drinks and/or fake sugar alcoholic beverages that cause an ob on Kate nights. Take lysine daily and 3,000mlgs on ob days. Also take as many hot baths as you can wiyh non-scented epsomsalt.
  • Posted

Yeah a lot of people dont realize they have it its very common, honestly taking the medication everyday is totally up to you. if you do there would be a decrease in the number of outbreaks you get because your keeping it under control. i heard eating foods like chocolate makes you break out, i don't know if its true but i read it on this website. i feel like foods can play a part in the outbreaks but personally i wouldn't stop eating the foods i like because of this stupid ass virus ! and i heard the first outbreak is the worst so they should get less intense each time.
    • Posted

Keep cool clean dry and your fever reduce no party and no late nights no friction no sex and especially no hot baths. Whoever came up with that idea is crazy hot bath would bring that to a head and could possibly first in your water and Lord God knows what might happen then cool water only. If it itches use that shower wand with the cool water to eat it because you must touch it and if you do touch it you're taking the chance of spreading it and you must wear gloves it's a fever baby girl treated like a fever aspirin no tight jeans either
  • Posted

Thanks Ashley 0623. Ya right this outbreak wasn't as bad the first was a killer. I heard that taking the medicine every will lower my immune system so I was worried but I will check with my doctor I hated taking it twice a day maybe i'll see if there is a once a day pill. & just it to keep it under control. I work at night, I have 2 kids just everyday stress alone will trigger it so maybe taking it everyday might be in my best interests. It has put a strain on my self esteem as a woman. I haven't dealt with it I just found out last year. So I'm trying to learn everything from symptoms to food to all I can. You've been a great help thanks so much.
    • Posted

It does not lower your immune system, as it's not an immune suppressant medication such as a steroid. That would do the opposite and desired effect if it were that type of medicine. It is an antiviral. The virus can only stay alive and spread by replicating. The medicine acts as a sort of enzyme that jsv needs to attach to, in order to replicate and survive. Because it is not truly the enzyme, it kills the virus. The virus this senses something is going on and goes back into hiding in your sacral ganglia. The reason they day that about chocolate and nuts. Is they have something called arginine and that's what hsv needs to attach itself to cells and replicate. This is why you should limit your intake or ensure if you have any, that you take lysine. Lysine looks like arginine to hsv and when hsv attaches itself to it, it dies. When I have an ob I take 1 500mlg of valtrex twice a day and 3,000 or even just 1 1000mlg and I will notice a significant decrease in itchiness, healing of the sores, literally removes the phase of a weeping ulcer and I have no pain.
    • Posted

Baby girl when you are young like that it will come a lot the outbreaks I mean. Some simple rules that I have found work great. Stay cool, clean, dry, no sex whatsoever this is a fever blister that you must have fever reducing medicine such as Tylenol a couple two three times a day would work great and if you have to lay there with your legs open underneath a ceiling fan after you showered with cool water on your privates then do so if it helps the pain. Also the Neosporin with pain relief applied on area with gloves only. This is a very transmittable disease you may transmit it through your fingertips to someone's eyes lips private parts and you can retransmit it to your other parts of your body by touching yourself no partyi ngnreenswhile on an outbreak can you advice I will be happy to help I've had this disease for 40 years
    • Posted

I thought I was responding to Ashley the young girl that joins 17 apologize you know enough to know what the deal with but she needs to know
    • Posted

I made a big mistake with my date on the fingers. Being lack of knowlegdge for a year, I didn't realize this as I got only 1 outbreak last year and again last week without noticing. He scolded to me that I made a big disaster to his life which gave me a big depression. I honestly didn't know it's transmission without sex. So stupid. I really like this guy but now it's so painful on my heart when he said I never care about other people. Cried too much now. Sorry for being dramatic.
    • Posted

Kiki did I miss something or were you speaking with me rockin R
    • Posted

It's very important that you know that your life is not over. On the contrary you just have to take precautions from now on according to HSV when they say that it can be transmitted without being active I don't know because I've never been through that unless I had in the beginning and didn't know it. But I think I remember seeing something on him but I didn't care we were in lust everywhere we stopped on the way to Amarillo we were doing it so you know people are crazy sometimes including myself doing something stupid I had no idea about that stuff heck I was just a kid I was 17 when I got it and after I turned 18 just had a baby right after that
    • Posted

Have you had any other disease due to this virus ? Like mengitis ? Or eye herpes ? Im supper scared that this virus will led to other health problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.