is anyone on humira?

Posted , 14 users are following.

ok so im 27 ive been on meds for years ive tried everything... unfortunitly Im open to all side affect and seem to get affects off every med ive tried, and never the common ones always the rare ones.... I have just finished on methotrexate because I was so sick I was unable to even get up, I caught everthing from colds to infections atleast 3 a month... now they have given me options of cyclosporine or humira... ive had cyclosporine before and I was very sick, lost a lot of hair, nose bleeds that lasted for hours, and so sick and had no energy atall, they recommend humira but reading up about it is scaring me badly. the side affects are awful, im scared they've taken me off this methotrexate because im so ill I cant even take care of my son and my mum pretty much looks after him, and I don't wanna be this bad again, drs say they've had good results from this and I could use some advice from someone who has been here or is here please, I have 3 days to choose and im so lost im tied in nots, people think that it should be an easy decision but I have a child to think about im only young and right now im living the life of an older person.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm 28 and been through the same I take Humira and to be honest you are open to infections etc but it's brilliant if I didn't have it I would be in a wheelchair unable to walk.

the side effects do get you down and having arthritis in General gets me down not being able to do what my friends do but I just get on with things the best I can. I would suggest trying humira it does take a few weeks to kick in.

have you had any operations?

if you want to message me for a chat your welcome to.

good luck Mike

• Posted

Hi, I'm contributing on behalf of my 23year old daughter who has psoriatic arthritis. She has had all the meds you mentioned, still using methotrexate to keep the psoriasis under control. She had to exhaust all medication, inc cyclosporine (?) before they gave her humira. She had no side effects with humira at all. However, it did not help either and she has just started Enbrel injections.  Unfortunately for my daughter nothing seems to be either controlling or reducing the arthritis but definitley give Humira a go.  It's an expensive drug, so I understand, and controlled under NICE guidelines.  Therefore I would assume they wouldn't offer it if they didn't think it would help you.  To summarise, my daughter had no side effects really at all to Humira.  Hope that helps and keep fighting, it's all we/you/families can do.
  • Posted

Be careful. I have been on Humira for one year. I have contracted TB in this past year. Humira is the oldest of the biologics. There are other ones out there that are probably better
  • Posted

I am a 41 year old female. I have been diagnosed with RA, PSA, and fibro., All within the past couple years. I started on Methotrexate which made me very ill. Then I tried Humira..... I honestly had very high hopes and was excited for a better quality of life, despite all the side effects. I have it an honest try, and that was six months ago. Still to this day in sick. Always a cold or infection. I never in my life has Psoriasis on the skin despite having psoriatic arthritis. After starting Humira I ended up with two types of Psoriasis. One of which the cause can be Humira and the way to get rid of it can be Humira. I must say that if I would have paid more attention to the commercials for Humira, I would of heard " if you are prone to infection do not use." I think maybe that was part of my problem. I get sick easy. Humira is a very strong medicine and for some it's a miracle and for others it can be a living nightmare or even worse. Just remember, each medicine works quite differently on each person. So for me it was a bad experience for you it could mean remission😊 Just wanted to give my personal experience to you. Best of luck and keep us updated on your decision if you don't mind.

• Posted

Worst drug on earth! Since being on it for 1.5 years I developed Lantant TB and today I am leaving the ICU after having 85% of my bro at closed and on a breathing tube for two days due to severe (and I mean severe!) Streptecocus. 

DONT TAKE THIS DRUG!

• Posted

Just started humira about two months ago. I've have no side effects and it's way easier on my body than MTX. I've also had no symptoms relief however (yet anyway). With humira I don't think there's anything to be afraid of!

-Gabriella

• Posted

I am going to ask you to not be fooled by humira. I was on it for 6 months been a year since I came off of it. Now because of it I see my primary care, a neurologist, a psychiatrist, and mental health counselor, and trying to figure out the right meds to put me on do to the side affects of humira. And I am try to find a good place to post mine to get people together as I am talking with lawyer's.

• Posted

hi! i was on mxt for 6 months just for psoriasis but it was too harsh on me- was sick ALOT and hair loss and all sorts, it was horrible- then was moved on to humira for the first few injections i was dreading taking it so painful- had proper anxitiy about it! but then they changed the ingrediants and i was fine after that- really cleared up my skin. then all of a sudden it stopped working skin started to get worse then all of a sudden my joints started becoming a massive problem, like toes, feet, akle, knees, shoulder and neck, bottom of spine, then wrists and fingers- like i was in pain everywhere! so they took me off umia gave me a "flush out period" and now im on stellara- hasnt done anything yet im still in alot of pain rolleyes but they did say it could take a while to work!

• Posted

Hi,!i don't know about Humari but Cyclasporin is awful, 

I spent a week in isolation in hospital, they thought I had meningitis as i was so ill,

It's the only drug I have had a mega re-action to. 

I am on a good combination at the moment, hydroxichloraquin, methotrexate and onto my 4thweek of Benepali injections, no nasty effects so far 

I hope they find a solution for you soon🌹🌷🌸🌺

• Posted

my sister has just died of lung cancer after being diagnosed only two months ago. She was on humira for 15 years and never knew it could be a side effect. Just beware because she wasn't. 

• Posted

I have been on Humira for about 3 years. It absolutely changed my life. It was absolutely unbearable to walk because of the arthritis in my hips knees and feet. I also had psoriasis on certain parts of my body, including my face. Now there is no pain from the arthritis and very little psoriasis on my body. I just have a small patch behind my right ear. I am rarely sick. maybe a small cold once per year. The only complaint is the pain of the injection. sounds like there is a newer version without the Citrate, but have not tried this. I do have concerns because of the Covid-19 and my suppressed immune system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.