i am on Co-dydramol and been given Amitriptyline

Posted , 5 users are following.

I been on Co-dydramol for a while and its started to wear off - I am waiting for an operation on my foot and is getting very tired due to lack of sleep - my doctor want me to take Amitriptyline at night time so do I still take Co-dydramol as normal or would its make me feel worse,

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Follow your,Drs instructions.

amitripyline should help you sleep x

• Posted

Always offer people Amitryptiline its a great old 70,s anti depressant it does make you sleep however 50mg its the way you feel in the morning i was given it for nerve pain and walked backwards the next day there is safer drugs Zolpidem or Zopiclone hope your pain gets better though CoDydramol are great but we become immune some GPs understand some dont
    • Posted

I was given it and I could not get up in the morning to tend to my children. Thank God one was old enough to look after the other. When I woke up I could not talk. Every time i tried it was all jumbled up. I was told to lower the dose but the same thing happened. I understand it's different for everyone but never again! I pray the original poster gets some sleep soon,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.