Prescribed alongside Citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

Back story etc: Prescribed this at 100mg per night, alongside Citalopram (40mg daily), and Diazepam (as and when needed). I have severe depression, anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, anger and other crap.

This stuff is just bloody m-e-n-t-a-l. It was like being bludgoned over the head with a metal table.

It makes you drowsy, but not 'good/addictive drowsy' like Diazepam/sleeping tablets. It's more like feeling paraletically drunk and then hung over. It doesn't feel good at night, but it REALLY seems to be helping the next day (after the 'paralysis' and hang over)- I feel a lot better in myself, a lot more stable, less anxious, calmer and actually pretty damn good. This drug helps 'stimulate' (augment) other antidepressants, so with other drugs this can be quite beneficial.

DO NOT take with alcohol whatever you do... I've had alcohol with all my previous tablets including sleeping tabs/diazepam - but even a LITTLE alcohol with Trazodone is practically 'lethal' on the mind for me.. night terrors, shocking headache, even worse 'hangover' symptoms etc.

Blokes, also note the GOOD sexual side effects! wink My sex drive seems strong on this AND my penis seems to 'look bigger' as I seem to have a permanent slight semi. It's also easier to get an errection. Maybe this can help you where other antidepressants have killed sex lives!

Hope this helps someone!!

0 likes, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

• Posted

Just to add as well - despite the good stuff, the bad stuff is quite bad.

This is SERIOUS medication with 'anti-psychotic' compounds.. unlike heavily over-prescribed 'weaker' antidepressants like Prozac/Citalopram.

Personally, I would advise people not to take this solely for mild to moderate depression. Only take for severe depression or if coupled with bad anxieties, mania and other 'odd' behaviour that needs sedation. If you take for mild depression, the crap side effects will outweigh the good.

Remember this has an off-label use in helping treat schitzophrenia.. to underline it's seriousness.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi there

I know this post was written a while ago but I'm desperate for some reassurance. I started taking Trazadone 50mg (alongside citalopram 40mg) just over a week ago for anxiety and depression. I tried to increase the Trazadone to 100mg but I'm so sensitive to medication I couldn't take the increase as it knocked me out. I'm still feeling anxious and wanted to know how quickly the Trazadone worked for you? I'm really hoping it will start helping at the low dose, it did make me feel better the first few days of taking it and having a bit of a better day today (I decreased the dosage from 100 to 50mg three days ago) any help would be so appreciated xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up