Naproxen caused me constipation! Anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on Naproxen for an elbow injury - torn tendons - and had to come off them due to the terrible constipation I endured while on them, despite the limited pain relief I enjoyed. I have had a medical today with my employers M.O. who is surprised to hear that Naproxen would have such a side-effect. Has anyone else experienced similar?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too have been suffering from severe constipation, I have read on one of the articles posted on the net that this problem does exist for some people when Naproxen is first taken. Constipation is an officially listed side effect.
  • Posted

The constipation is a very big down side to them but to me it's worse when you do actually \"go\" TMI!
  • Posted

I have had 3 back surgery's and was prescribed naproxen and have serious constipation and cramping.....i don't know what worse the back pain or the constipation
  • Posted

I just had my wisdom teeth removed and was prescribed naproxen for the inflammation. I took my last one today and THANK GOD because it gave me the worst constipation!! I agree with the person above^^^ I had no idea what was worse, the pain in my mouth or the constipation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.