Marsupialization of bartholin's gland, one week later another lump

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've just had my 6th cyst and first marsupialization done at a great hospital in London. I've just recovered from nerve pain/vulodynia after 8 months of chronic pain so the last thing needed was surgery.

I recovered fast (3 days) but now I can feel a soft lump there again....seriously, who else had this problem? I mean they just created an opening for the stupid thing!

I'm trying the epsom salt paste and started another anitibiotic by myself, metronidazole...augmentin stopped touching this thing

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Mary,

I totally know the feeling.  Yes I had the Marsupialization, even though I wasnt too keen and they told me it would sort the problem, whatever.  Came back too.  I believe it is my weakest point.  I had to treat it naturally, I couldnt bear the thought of being in a hospital every year or more.  Read my posting about silica spray, it saves me!!!!!  Sending you a hug.  It is so upsetting!  But know I can control it now.  Research natural medicine.   The name of the silica is Schuessler tissue salts, cleanser and conditioner, silica, SPRAY!! I buy it from an austrailia website and they ship around the world.  That is my best piece of advise.

• Posted

Hi Miranda and thank you for replying...I have used silica in the past for this and it did not work for me  sad

I might pruchase mucinex/benylin though and see if it thins the mucus in the glands

• Posted

Hi Mary,

Have you tried this particular spray?  As I have had different silica before and it did nothing too.  Unsure why this one is so amazing..maybe better product unsure.  It drives you crazy when it returns....I KNOW!!  :-)

• Posted

Hello again Miranda,

Uhm, I have read some pretty good articles which advise against homeopathy because it has not been proven to work...but this is quite subjective. I can't find that spray in the uk anyhow sad

I'm pleased to say the swelling is gone after 4 days of metronidazole, epsom salt paste and sitz baths plus some random squeezing.

Epsom salt paste is amazing! The healthy gland  was also starting to get red and swollen and after a few hours of the tiny compress it went away...

xx

• Posted

Did it go away?

I went to see a Dr, but they don't do anything as it is not infected. They just prescribed me antibiotics sad

It's been 4 days, I am not in pain but it is still there.

I am currently using Magnesium Sulphate paste. I bought it Tuesday, so I've only been using it for the past two days. Do you think squeezing it would help?

Please help!

• Posted

I really feel for you : (  I had a marsupialization for recurrent cysts as well. The first time the incision was small and it closed up within days; much like yours. As a result I had a second with a much larger incision, unfortunately. It has not come back yet and it has been 7 months. I am not wild about my appearance there but it is better than it coming back! I have started feeling a small lump on the other side this week....PLEASE GOD don't let this be another! Can you even get one on the other side? i would follow up with your doctor. I know how bad this is, I cried all the time with the frustration of it all. Best, Jen
  • Posted

hi dear am exactly same as you i have masu and weeks later i can feel a soft lump as if the mucus is going out on the place of the cut where i have surgery.

nothing help it goes by itself

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I had a marsupialization done over a month ago. I had 3 large cysts over the course of approximately 6 years. Before I decided to get surgery, I was in the ER and they cut it open and drained it. THey then put a catherter in. It fell out by the time we got home. Extremely painful process. I went back in and the drained it again, then this time they tied it open with something similar to a rubber band. They left it this way and eventually the rubber band fell out but the cyst came back. Finally my gyno suggested this surgery. I was reluctant because of the bad reviews but I went through with it. The process took 30 mins, and they used general anesthesia. I didnt have pain after the surgery, just discomfort sitting. I took alot of sitz baths (3/day) and it became really dry. My dr suggested neosporin and it soothed the dryness. She also said to massage the spot when I was in the shower and I noticed it was still swollen. Theres still a small amount of swelling but the Dr. says it will continue to go down. The abcess is gone, and I dont have any of the vaginal twitching Ive read about on other sites. My suggestion would be to continue with the epsom salt paste, and take epsom baths. I hope your recovery has gotten better.

• Posted

Hi Sara, 

Can you please share more details about your post op? For instance, were you in bed the entire time? How long did it take for you to fully recover? I've read other posts where many of the women said they were in a lot of pain afterwards up to several months and some had a hard time peeing or sitting down to pee. Were you in a lot of pain afterwards?

Thanks, 

cam

• Posted

Hi cam,

I couldn't sit the first 2 days. It was also uncomfortable to walk so I pretty much laid down unless I had to urinate. Urinating wasn't painful at all. Just sitting down was painful. I was also very constipated after the surgery. Bowl movements were painful. It was like someone was putting a tremendous amount of pressure on the point that I had the surgery. i didn't have much pain in general though. I barely touched the pain killers. After those first 2 days, I could sit up but not more than 2-3 hours at a time. At the 1 week point I was pretty much back to normal, although I wasn't running or excercising. I was at work, sitting for 6 hours straight or walking around the office. Right now, the bump and swelling from the surgery has gone completely down. It's as though nothing ever happened. It took a total of nearly 3 months for the bump to go away. Btw, I'm 31 and I eat pretty healthy but only excercise twice/week. I'm not sure if that part makes a difference. Hope

This helps.

• Posted

Thank you Sara! This is very helpful & informative. Now I know more of what to expect. I have a few additional questions, was your surgery performed by an actual surgeon or your OB? If surgeon, what kind? I read a few other girls mention oncologists? Also, the area/hole where they removed the cyst, did you have it packed with gauze or saline? Again the other girls on the board mentioned both and am wondering about your experience. Lastly, sorry in advance if TMI, but did you experience dryness down there afterwards? Thanks again!

Cam

• Posted

My OB/gyn did the surgery. She didn't pack it w anything. I just wore a pad for the first few days bc I had bleeding after. I had dryness for a week but it slowly went back to normal. The skin next to the area became dry bc I kept taking sits baths and she told me to use neosporin and that helped.

• Posted

Sara

I have the cyst and every day or every other day the cycst fills up after being drained. I have had it drained 4 times in a 7 day period. Is that your experience at first ( having it drain and filling back up 24 to 48 hours later?

After the marsu do u keep having liquid deep out of the opening? If yes, when did it stop if at all?

Were you disfigured in that area?

Was sex normal again after the marsu in terms of sensation and pain level?

Thank you

• Posted

Mary,

I am considering doing the procedure and I am curious. does it drain alot / all the time to where you have to wear a pad or pany liner daily?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.