HSP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just found out I have HSP. It's not particularly bothered me, I just had a rash on my legs and it started to spread, some parts were quite tender and sore - they felt like bruises, so I went the hospital got a blood test and found out I have HSP. I didn't get anything to treat it and it should \"just go\".

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You should have weekly then fortnightly urine tests for blood and protein - the kidneys can become affected.  If they are, you may need steroids for a short period.
    • Posted

Do you have pain on the side of ribs/ flanks due to kidney becoming affected? 
    • Posted

That is a sign of kidney inflammation. Get your urine checked regularly.
    • Posted

Doing this every month.

The rash on lowr legs have turned to itching and small scaly plaques. 

• Posted

How did they diagnose your HSP? Blood test does not determine HSP. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.