does anyone has linx surgery for LPR?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with LPR two months back. I've been trying everything in the book, though my post nasal drip is gone, but excess mucus driving me crazy, At one point I couldn't sleep continuously for more than two hours for 24/25 days. So.... most of us know how LPR can make your life like hell. So now I'm considering about lynx surgery. is there anyone who has LPR & has done or going to consider Lynx surgery ?sad

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How did you get the post nasal drip to go away? I haven't been diagnosed with anything other they acid reflux but I have been having trouble swallowing, excess mucus and the feeling that I need to clear my throat she I eat and post nasal drip. Not sure what the treatments are and my dr just scratches his head at my symptoms. 
    • Posted

I was talking Claritin & mucinex at that time as my last doctor said Allergic rhinitis. But after 15 days of treatment I was not improving at all, then I changed to my present doctor and he said you have Lpr with allergic rhinitis. Then he added Medrol (pak) 4mg for 6 days and prilosec twice a day. After 6 days when the course for Medrol was finished my post nasal drip was gone. But prilosec couldn't help with my acid symptom like burning throat etc.at that time I was in hell because I couldn't sleep for three weeks ... then I went to my doctor again & he advised me to take a mixture of half glass of water and half glass of non fat yogurt with little bit of salt & sugar twice a day. it works like magic , all symptom of acid reflux is gone except excess mucus and little bit of throat clearing. Then I talked with my doctor about my current situation & he advised me to gargle with honey & warm  water twice a day and to take a table spoon of honey with a glass of little warm water before going to bed. Let's see what happened. Oh the best thing is I'm having good sleep now for last few days. Oh I've been following the lpr routine also like no spicy food, no food in three hours before going to bed etc. I hope my experience will help you.
  • Posted

I was diagnose as LPR in October 14, I was prescribe omeprazole in july 2014 for three months, after two weeks my throat was burning worse with ear pain. I went back to my gp and gave me gaviscon advance, still burning throat, then gp gave me different ppi, still burning throat.  my LPR was a sudden onset, after sudden flu/respiratory distress.  Its ruin my life.  Its taken all the joy out of my life.

I am also thinking of the linx surgery, however it is limited on the NHS and it is expensive going private.

I've tried everything from diet, losing weight and medication. I went to see ENT and he said my throat was inflammed and to increase my dose to two ppi, it was a bad idea i started to burn 10 times worse.  I think the links surgery should be made available for LPR on the nhs as we are in so much pain.

• Posted

sorry linx not links
  • Posted

Did u ever do the surgery ? I know this is an old post. Did u have hoarseness with you lpr I'm miserable trying another ppi today I can't stand the mucous in throats either looking for another Dr too

• Posted

Ive read many studies that say PPI's are no better than placebo when used for LPR. Perhaps something too discuss with you GP. I'd be onterested to her about ay Linx for LPR too. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.