The cure for heroin addiction

Posted , 21 users are following.

I didnt know where i could share my expierience and make people aware that there is a possible cure to heroin addiction. So i figured i would write a forum and let people find my discussion. About 2 months ago I was put into the hospitol for 2 weeks so i could be treated for a bacteria infection in my blood. While i was in the hospitol. The doctors put me on 10 mgs of methadone every 12 hrs. When i was released from the hospitol. I went and got my prescription and within 6hrs i took 150mgs and overdosed. I was rushed to the hospitol and while in the hospitols care. I was put into a drug induced coma and put on a narcon drip. I spent 2 days in the coma before they woke me up. Ever since the coma. I have zero urges to use. What i believe after doing some research on the internet. I believe that the coma fixed my brain chemistry. Reset it per say. I use to believe the saying. Once an addict. Always an addict. NOT true. I know that many people arent going to believe me and are going to say. yeah right. Its only been 2 months. Chances are your going to relapse again. Not true. Drugs actually repulse me now like cigarette smoke repulses an ex smoker. My brain is making connectios that it hasnt made in years. My iq has gone up. My emotions are stable. I have control over my emotions. My social anxiety has completly disapeared. My self esteem and confidence is higher then it has ever been. I no longer think about getting high. Its like i have woken up from a bad dream and the hang cuffs have been taken off me. I feel free for the first time in 14 years. My point of this discussion is to inform other people that there are other options besides the methadone clinic or getting on suboxone. I truely believe that i have been cured and im going to continue to share my expierence with the world till the day i die.

8 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thanks for sharing you're story,i am a heroin addict and also use methadone,I have been for years,are you completely drug free now. I am trying to get into rehab but money is the stumbling block .
  • Posted

Hi Steven, how is the abstainance going ?........Still drug free I hope. I have seen several short films on a very well known video clip sharing site about taking ahahuaska which I reckon does a similar thing as you described, resetting the brain somehow. It's a very powerful hallucinogen from the Amazon. I,ve been following your post for an update and have gotten impatient ; )

good luck mate. Mark.

• Posted

Brilliant, well done, got your life back, you gotta be happy with that result. I'm pleased for you I really am.

I am 3 months clean on the 20th. We (my partner of 19 years & I) had been at it for 10+ years, we'd given up before but not properly as usually we knew we would get back on it ASAP for one reason or another.

However due to extenuating cucumstances, worry about the kids suffering, debt, life falling apart etc etc we had a kick in the arse we so badly needed and got our s**t sorted. And 3 months later I'm buzzin on life again at 44. Music is now my d.o.c.

• Posted

Update to my previous mentioning of the fact I had been clean for 3 months...well it's now Jan 2017 and I'm still free of heron nor have I used since May 2014, just over 2 and a half years. Life is so much easier clean.

Ii hope you have also remained clean. Please can we have an update ?

• Posted

I second what 'Maribanks' said. It's great to hear some positive stories being shared to offer hope to others.

• Posted

Thanks so much for sharing you inspiring story. I think your story is brilliant as well.
  • Posted

I myself was an heroin addict for 15 yrs in 2000 I overdosed badly on a mix of diazepam df's and heroin the Dr's informed family lucky to live miracle if he's not brain damaged I'm here now writing this however I dI'd not stop using until 5/6 years ago I am on subutex. Back to the point before this trauma I wasn't a nice person I had no empathy I am now more of an understanding person people I have known for years have told me that it was at the time of my od that my personality gradually changed for the better so there must be something in what you say for you it changed you towards drugs with me personality however I do hope nobody has to go through an overdose to find out hope you are still doing well 
  • Posted

Well thats great news, But Obvisouly you can't Just go to the Hospial or doctors & say can you put me into a drug induced coma please, Lol..I'd love to go though somthing like that & wake up & get on with my life again, I've been a User for years & on methedone for 23yrs & can't seem to get off the stuff, yes I,ve recused to 35mls now, but the more i,m reducing the more Urges I get about Using, which i don't want to do, But ma happy to hear that its worked for you, maybe one day there will be a magic potion or pill us Addicts can take that Cure us from Addiction, Wishful thinking on my part..Lol
  • Posted

Its good to hear people turning things around, I wish I could do the same. im married with 2 kids n 2 stepkids, the youngest being 3 months old. im sick of hearing that i should do it for her. Theres nothing i want more than to be a good husband and dad but im coming up aginst a brick wall every turning. id rather be dead than continue bringing my family down like this. i dont no what else to do
  • Posted

This isn't new it has been known for years addicts coming out of induced coma have no desire to resume taking drugs question is why not implement it? Too costly 
  • Posted

This is AMAZING!

I do not find this hard to believe, I believe you 110%

Very happy for you, Some people who wake from comas do not remember thier past at all, or only parts of it.  You remember and you know you are a different person.

I bet you a very happy arent you.

Much Love, you are lucky to be alive,

smile

• Posted

Hi I am glad to hear that you are drug free. I am wanting to do this so bad cuz I'm tired of anything having a hold on my life. First it was heroin now it's methadone. that stuff is worse than any opiate. It's so much harder to kick than whatever it was that lead u to go there in the first place. My question is how much does that procedure cost? Does state insurance pay for it? Again I'm very proud of you for staying clean even though I don't know you. Anyone who can get off anything and stay that way I give u praise. I will be so glad when the day comes that I have no monkey on my back. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

• Posted

As an ex addict who overdosed 5 times and still continued to take street drugs overdosing is not a route anyone should take. I think there are some people who would risk taking OD's in the hope it will cure them. I eventually came off the drugs with help from my family and my doctor and am now drug free apart from prescribed drugs for medical conditions. I now have a family and am happy with life.

Life as an addict is not easy, it is a downward spiral out of control but it can be beaten just have some faith in yourself and go for it and you will get there. I wish everyone of you good will and get to the place you want to be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.