pains in my left side after sterilisation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I got sterilised over 18 months ago, and I've had nothing but pains since in my left hand side, I've had scans xrays and a CT scan, and nothing shows up!! I've been only like this since I had that done, has anybody tried to get their clips removed as I think it may be the cause, but as usual the hospital will not believe its to do with it,anyone know if I can do anything else or talk to someone? This pain is severe :'(

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know what you are going through and I am just as sorry for you as I am for myself!!  I have been back in hospital where they did another laparoscopy - I had hoped they would find the cause and cure it, but the lady surgeon only said everything was in place and there was so sign of cancer. So its only pain then, she said!  I don't know if removing the clips after 30 years would help or maybe make it worse with more nerve damage. I am not keen to have more surgery without a guarantee it would do the trick!   I have felt so much alone on this and it helps to find on this website that I am not.  I can't remember what it is like to have a whole day without the stabbing pains some time in the day.  I keep looking on here to see if anybody has had the clips removed.  Do hope your pains go away for your sake. 
    • Posted

i realise this is a very old discussion.

i have tried recently to get a new discussion started called''tubal ligation'' here on patient.

the last post i read was from fullofregret and i wonder how she got on with her pelvic pain and if she ever got it sorted.

i have come to the conlusion that i am in exactly the same boat.

i feel like ripping my left ovary or thereabouts out myself as i cant get anyone to listen to me.

is there anyone out there going through the same?

i want to know about having the clip out.

what it entails.

• Posted

Hello Chico,

No, I never got the pain sorted!  I just have to live with it.  When i am moving about I do not notice it so much but the worst time is when i am trying to go to sleep ( I find if I lie on my stomach  and make a fist with my hand and press it into my side, it relieves it a bit)  I would so like to know if having the clips removed would help or make it worse if it is nerve damage.  Sending you my sympathy, we are not alone.  Maybe the NHS will compensate us one day!!sad

• Posted

i read your post and feel somewhat deflated for both of us and anyone else out there.

my dream was to get a gynno to list me for an investigative laprascopy.

you've had 2.

if i got it privately and they found nothing, it would be my worst nightmare.

so much money gone on some clever clogs saying everythings ok so you cant be in pain.daaa

did you ever get an ordinary xray.?

mine showed up a clip open but it hadnt relocated.

i know i've got multiple fibroids, some turned to stone.

but according to MRI which i had private, i have a subserol fibroid.

thats on the outside of my uterus but i dont know its location. maybe its something thats been missed when they go in with the magic spy

i live in spain and the NHS here are ,what shall i say, depressed !

ex pats get short shrift.

so they dont want to know you if you go private.

i'm gonna stop moaning now.

do you ever try pulling your belly fat out?

that sounds ridiculous. i mean pulling rather than pushing.

i'm at my worst after evening meal in the sitting position.

i've recently started taking  vit B complex.

my brain fog is clearing and i'm getting back to normal b.m.

the only things that help my pain is too much alcohol or tryptizol.

neither of which i want to get hooked on !

i truly dont know where to go from here.

even sex hurts beyond belief.

i'll post if i get any joy.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.