Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello  when i was 7 years old  i had a slipped capital femoral epiphysis ..... when i turn 8  i had the other hip done ...... i am 23 year old now and is having alot of problems with my hips  lately i been getting pain in my first hip done  and the pain is from my hip down my knee and up my back ....... i see a doctor witch sent for a cat scan and the pain is even worse now ..... could there be a problem with my pin in that hip ? if anyone knows ? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi megan please go to A&E and see a doctor i am saying that from experiance with my son he might only be 13 in a week, but that is what we are told every time we leave our consultant at the hospital my son started out with one screw witch had to be ajusted twice and another fitted just 2 weeks ago as the first was not holding enough because his bone is crumbering i am told it could ajust any time and pain sets in and the pain you are suffering sounds serious and A&E is the best place to go trust me these things in children are very rare as i have learn't and the consultants are very good who deal with these sort of injuries and this happened to you as a child and now 16 years down the line your having these pains megan please go and explain to them but they should have it all in your hospital notes as well because i have been told my son is going to have to have a full hip replacement but is to young as he is still growing and if he was to have it now he could end up with deformatry and from what you have discribed above is happening to my son right now his x-ray now shows his right hip weakening they will look after you megan please let me know how you get on and will up date you i have a lot of papers on a slipped capital femoral epiphysis now i will look also for any good advise for you 
    • Posted

Hello I have went for a cat scan and bone scan on the last 2 years and the doctors still can't find the cause of the pain I am suffering with ..... All they are doing for me is giving Meds to help the pain
    • Posted

I also live in Canada so I am not shere what a&e is ?
  • Posted

I would go to a&e I've suffered from age of 11 I'm now 30 and still have ongoing problems I've had pin that snapped inside then metal plate which after a couple of years worked it self loose it's best to get checked ASAP x 
    • Posted

I have got cat scans and bone scans done and my doctors still can't find the reason for my pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.